Introduction to Descriptive Statistics: Mathematics and Statistics for Beginners
Knowledge in statistics is crucial for anyone hoping to extract meaningful information form a given set of data. This course guides participants through the tools and techniques necessary for understanding the various relationships in data and effectively using various methods. Course material covers visualization, regression, probability and other concepts that will teach the basic necessary understanding of data.
Upcoming start dates
Free E-Learning: Start Anytime!
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
This Introduction Statistics course is designed for those hoping to gain the basic terms and concepts in statistics as well as guide you through introductory probability.
This course assumes understanding of basic algebra and arithmetic.
Find out if this course is right for you - request more information here!
This Introduction to Statistics course takes learners through 7 lessons:
Visualizing relationships in data
- Seeing relationships in data and predicting based on them; Simpson's paradox
- Probability; Bayes Rule; Correlation vs. Causation
- Maximum Likelihood Estimation; Mean, Median, Mode; Standard Deviation, Variance
Outliers and Normal Distribution
- Outliers, Quartiles; Binomial Distribution; Central Limit Theorem; Manipulating Normal Distribution
- Confidence intervals; Hypothesis Testing
- Linear regression; correlation
It is free to start this Introduction Statistics course
Estimated time for completion assuming 6 hours per week: Approx. 2 months
2-Week Free Trial: Love it or Leave it
All Udacity courses are offered with a two-week free trial. Learners will have plenty of time to make sure that the program fits their needs. If it's not working out for any reason - user can cancel their subscription fee of charge.