Introduction to Hadoop and MapReduce: Programming for Beginners
This e-learning course is designed to provide a comprehensive overview of Hadoop and MapReduce, regardless of technical understanding. It guides learners through Hadoop and MapReduce features, enabling managers and programmers alike to make sense of their big data.
A Practical Program in Programming
With this hands-on approach to learning, Udacity presents learners with an understanding of how Hadoop fits into their world, introducing how the programs recognize the problems they solve. Participants will have multiple opportunities to practice solving problems.
Upcoming start dates
Free E-Learning: Start Anytime!
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
This Introduction to Hadoop and MapReduce course is designed for those with basic skills in Python hoping for a
This course requires no previous computer programming knowledge.
Find out if this course is right for you - request more information here!
Course topics for this Introduction to Hadoop and MapReduce include:
- Use MapReduce to reveal surprising trends in Udacity forum data.
- What is "Big Data"? The dimensions of Big Data. Scaling problems. HDFS and the Hadoop ecosystem.
- The basics of HDFS, MapReduce and Hadoop cluster.
- Writing MapReduce programs to answer questions about data.
- MapReduce design patterns.
- Answering questions about big sales data and analyzing large website logs.
It is free to start this Introduction to Hadoop and MapReduce course
Estimated time for completion assuming 6 hours per week: Approx. 1 months
2-Week Free Trial: Love it or Leave it
All Udacity courses are offered with a two-week free trial. Learners will have plenty of time to make sure that the program fits their needs. If it's not working out for any reason - user can cancel their subscription fee of charge.