The UCLA Anderson Executive Education aims to build the Women in Governance program to be the best preparation for mid-to senior-level women business leaders for advancement to corporate board membership by developing the governance acumen required for board success. The program is focused on three dimensions of board membership Developing your Board IQ, Developing your Board EQ, and Getting a Seat at the Table skill.
The first dimension focuses on the understanding corporate board structure, roles and committee responsibilities; deepening understanding of strategic goals, financial health, and ethical issues that the board faces. The second dimension is to uncover the persuasion and influence skills required to be an effective board member in light of being a woman in a male-dominated board environment. The last dimension is to develop an individualized strategy and campaign for researching, positioning and targeting board nominations.
Who should attend?
Senior women leaders from all sectors and functions, as well as those currently sitting on non-profit boards, who are seeking to expand their governance acumen and network in preparation for corporate board service.
No specific academic degree, testing or examination is required for applying to this program.
Key program topics are:
- Understanding the boardroom and your role as a director
- Case studies in board effectiveness
- Managing diversity from the boardroom
- Financial acumen for board directors
- Leading effectively / influencing without authority
- The science (and the art) of networking
- Decision-making in the midst of multiple perspectives
- Current issues in corporate governance
- Building your personal brand and board resume
Course delivery details
By taking this program you will:
- Understand your role as a board director
- Broaden your governance acumen
- Expand your board network
- Learn how to overcome individual and institutional biases
- Become an effective advocate for inclusive leadership
- Build your personal board brand.
The program fee $4,000 (USD).
Contact this provider
UCLA - Anderson School of Management | A Transformational Legacy
UCLA Anderson is proud of being one of the world’s great public universities, tackling society’s most vexing problems. Since our founding in 1935, UCLA Anderson has served an essential mission that remains relevant across the decades: to transform management thinking and...