The Executive Presenter
Strengthening executive presence through better communication
Gone are the days when being “the boss” meant employees would follow and show respect without question. In a world of hybrid workforces and shorter attention spans, today’s leaders have it tougher than ever before. They need to communicate clearly, persuasively, and effectively. They must lead with empathy, intentionality, and authenticity. Further, their executive presence or professional brand sets them apart from others, which means their intentions must match others’ perceptions. This mastery-level workshop includes a 360 assessment and is designed to provide participants with insights and awareness of their strengths, weaknesses, and the negative impact of leaning too heavily on certain personality traits. We answer the question, “Do others perceive me as I intend?” Through this process, we help leaders define and hone their Executive Presence and build skills that will better enable them to influence business outcomes. The workshop concludes with a high-stakes team presentation delivered to executives and other leaders from your organization.
This training can be incorporated into an existing leadership development program. This training is delivered through a combination of face-to-face, virtual, and on-demand modalities.
This multi-touch program is delivered in five steps:
- 360 Assessment & Coaching: Leaders participate in the Bates Executive Presence Index (ExPI), a 360 assessment. The assessment provides leaders with an in-depth analysis of their ability to influence business outcomes. During the two-step coaching process, perceptions of important stakeholders - peers, direct reports, and managers – are compared with the leader’s self-perceptions in order to identify strengths, needs, and gaps. Through this process, which is based on the work of Suzanne Bates, author of All the Leader You Can Be: The Science of Achieving Extraordinary Executive Presence, leaders develop a strong conceptual understanding of what Executive Presence is and how it shows up through their communication during meetings and presentations.
- Pre-work: Leaders complete an online self-assessment and attend a live webinar that lays the foundation they will need to be successful in this program.
- Workshop: During the instructor-led class, leaders continue to examine their executive presence and apply the principles of The Orderly Conversation® to their own real-life presentations. Taught by two instructors, this workshop uses video-recorded exercises and private instructor-led video review to help participants gain awareness of how they are perceived by the people they lead. The live face-to-face workshop is followed by an on-demand assignment and a half-day virtual session designed to help presenters manage virtual presentations and meetings.
- Capstone Presentation to Executives: After the workshop, leaders are assigned to a team and asked to solve a real-world challenge your organization is facing. The team is instructed to find a solution, which is then presented to a group of your executives. Afterward, they will receive feedback from the executives and their coach.
- Private Coaching: The final step in the program is a private coaching session that leaders may schedule with their coach when the need arises. This session is conducted virtually.
Attendees receive copies of The Orderly Conversation and All the Leader You Can Be.
Turpin will modify the workshop to meet the specific needs of the business and each individual attending.
NOTE: Trainers and Coaches assigned to this engagement hold the Bates ExPI™ (Executive Presence Index) Coaching Certification.
Upcoming start dates
Inquire for more information
- United States of America
Who should attend?
This course is intended for Leadership Teams, but not everyone needs to be at the same level.
Leaders in this program sharpen baseline skills such as
- Engaging listeners in a fruitful conversation
- Communicating effectively face-to-face, virtually, and in hybrid situations
- Framing presentations to set context and provide a reason for others to participate
- Managing nervousness and anxiety around delivering bad news
- Being clear and concise
- Using projected, hand-held, or hard copy visuals effectively, whether face-to-face or virtual, seated or standing
- Using virtual tools, including video, for maximum engagement
- Being appropriately persuasive
- Thinking on their feet
- Facilitating fruitful interactions with others
Leaders also work on advanced situations and learn to
- Assess 15 facets of their executive presence and grow self-awareness of it
- Recognize when and how to flex their communication style to improve how others perceive them
- Influence others through storytelling
- Nurture relationships with others through effective and efficient communication
- Present as a member of an executive team
After the workshop, leaders work privately with a coach to help them:
- Hone their skills further
- Apply what they’ve learned to other high-stakes situations
Course delivery details
Duration: 3+ days
Maximum Enrollment: 6
Number of Instructors: 2
Location: Client Site & Virtual Classroom
Contact Turpin for price information.
Why choose Turpin Communication?
Customizable business communication training courses.
Expert communication trainers and coaches.
30+ years of focused communication skills expertise.
Contact this provider
Custom Presentation and Facilitation Skills Training for Your Team
Turpin Communication is a business communication training company. We build the skills presenters, meeting facilitators, and trainers need to achieve their goals, work more efficiently, and grow leadership capabilities. Our process is about simplification and personalization. We untangle confusing assumptions,...