Storytelling for Business Results
Essentials for weaving compelling stories into presentations
Business presentations can be boring and uninspiring, but they don’t have to be. Weaving memorable stories into presentations has been shown to improve engagement and retention and make the presenter more relatable, authentic, and trustworthy. While storytelling may not come naturally to some, Turpin makes it easy.
This workshop gives participants the skills and tools needed to naturally and effortlessly weave relevant stories into their business presentations, whether off-the-cuff or planned. The results are highly engaging presentations that resonate with audiences.
Throughout the class, participants will apply the principles of The Orderly Conversation® to their presentations and stories. Each presenter’s audience may vary – from small or large in-person groups to remote or hybrid environments.
Storytelling for Business Results includes access to eCoach – our program for pre-work and post-workshop performance support. Participants receive reusable job aids and reference materials to help them apply what they learn in class to the situations they face outside of it. Attendees also receive a copy of The Orderly Conversation: Business Presentations Redefined.
All Turpin Workshops are highly customized to your organization’s and employees’ specific goals and challenges and can be delivered on-site or virtually.
Upcoming start dates
Inquire for more information
- United States of America
Who should attend?
Intended For: Individual contributors and managers who deliver internal and external presentations
Successful participants will learn to
- Weave stories into the conversation taking place during their presentations
- Engage listeners in a fruitful conversation
- Communicate effectively face-to-face, virtually, and in hybrid situations
- Frame presentations to set context and provide a reason for others to participate
- Manage nervousness and gain self-awareness
- Be clear, concise, direct, and compelling
- Be appropriately persuasive
- Create effective visual aids to support key messages
- Use projected, hand-held, or hard copy visuals effectively, whether face-to-face or virtual, seated or standing
- Use virtual tools, including video, for maximum engagement
- Think on their feet
- Facilitate fruitful interactions with others
- Nurture relationships with others through effective and efficient communication
Course delivery details
Duration: 2+ days
Maximum Enrollment: 8
Number of Instructors: 2
Location: Client Site & Virtual Classroom
Contact Turpin for price information.
Why choose Turpin Communication?
Customizable business communication training courses.
Expert communication trainers and coaches.
30+ years of focused communication skills expertise.
Contact this provider
Custom Presentation and Facilitation Skills Training for Your Team
Turpin Communication is a business communication training company. We build the skills presenters, meeting facilitators, and trainers need to achieve their goals, work more efficiently, and grow leadership capabilities. Our process is about simplification and personalization. We untangle confusing assumptions,...