Presenting in the Virtual Environment
Transferring your face-to-face skills to the online world
Presenting in a virtual environment has unique challenges that presenters need to understand and work through. For example, virtual presenters don't have the luxury of being able to read the room at a glance to see if their audience is engaged. Further, since people are easily distracted, presenters need to employ a variety of techniques and skills to keep audience members focused. Using the technology is the easy part. Keeping people engaged is the real challenge.
This workshop addresses the many challenges virtual presenters face. Participants will build skills and gain useful insights and techniques to ensure audiences remain engaged.
All Turpin Workshops are highly customized to your organization's and employees' specific goals and challenges and can be delivered on-site or virtually.
Presenting in the Virtual Environment includes pre-work and access to eCoach – our program for pre-work and post-workshop performance support. Participants receive reusable job aids and reference materials to help them apply what they learn in class to the situations they face outside of it.
Upcoming start dates
Inquire for more information
Who should attend?
Intended For: Presenters needing help transitioning to the virtual environment
Participants will learn to
- Manage nervousness and gain self-awareness
- Engage attendees in a comfortable, flexible conversation while being clear, concise, and interesting
- Use virtual tools, including video, for maximum engagement
- Frame the presentation using a simple strategy so that attendees understand direction, purpose, context, and why they should participate
- Create (or modify existing) visual aids to support key messages
- Deliver visuals effectively and manage listener focus
- Weave in stories to enhance engagement
- Think on their feet and facilitate fruitful interactions with attendees
- Lean on a host to manage technology on the back end
- Nurture relationships and be the type of person others want to meet with
- Get the business of the presentation done effectively and efficiently
Course delivery details
Duration: 4 3-hour sessions
Maximum Enrollment: 8
Number of Instructors: 2
Location: Client’s virtual platform or Turpin’s Zoom
Contact Turpin for price information.
Why choose Turpin Communication?
Customizable business communication training courses.
Expert communication trainers and coaches.
30+ years of focused communication skills expertise.
Contact this provider
Custom Presentation and Facilitation Skills Training for Your Team
Turpin Communication is a business communication training company. We build the skills presenters, meeting facilitators, and trainers need to achieve their goals, work more efficiently, and grow leadership capabilities. Our process is about simplification and personalization. We untangle confusing assumptions,...