High-stakes Team Meetings
Collaborating to prepare and facilitate client meetings
Frequently, more than one individual is responsible for speaking at external business meetings. Sometimes team roles are clear, and hand-offs are smooth, but more often than not, this isn’t the case. Instead, the team ends up talking over each other or interrupting and interjecting with color commentary. When this happens, the flow of the meeting is disrupted, your audience gets confused, and your team looks unprofessional, unfocused, and disorganized. To summarize, your important meeting just tanked.
Our workshop, High-stakes Team Meetings, helps your company be portrayed positively and professionally. Participants learn how to run more productive and efficient external team meetings by focusing on understanding roles, nurturing client relationships, making proper hand-offs, establishing team meeting etiquette, and speaking confidently and authentically – leading to your intended business outcomes.
Throughout the class, participants learn to apply the principles of The Orderly Conversation® while working on their own real-life high-stakes team meetings. Each attendees’ audience may vary – from small or large in-person groups to remote or hybrid environments.
High-stakes Team Meetings takes advantage of executive role-plays to maximize the benefit of practice. Turpin provides advice for selecting the most effective executive(s) at your organization. This workshop includes access to eCoach – our program for pre-work and post-workshop performance support. Participants receive reusable job aids and reference materials to help them apply what they learn in class to the situations they face outside of it. Attendees also receive a copy of The Orderly Conversation: Business Presentations Redefined.
All Turpin Workshops are highly customized to your organization’s and employees’ specific goals and challenges and can be delivered on-site or virtually.
Upcoming start dates
Inquire for more information
- United States of America
Who should attend?
This workshop is suitable for managers and account teams who facilitate high-stakes client meetings.
Successful participants will learn to
- Work as a team to prepare for the meeting using a tailored meeting planner
- Engage meeting attendees in a comfortable outcome-oriented conversation
- Communicate effectively face-to-face, virtually, and in hybrid situations
- Frame the meeting to communicate the meeting’s (1) purpose, (2) direction, and (3) context
- Create the conditions for a fruitful exchange of ideas
- Address questions, concerns, and pushback with confidence
- Manage disengaged, emotional, and hostile attendees
- Keep the meeting on track
- Weave stories into their meetings when appropriate
- Use projected, hand-held, or hard copy visuals effectively, whether face-to-face or virtual, seated or standing
- Use virtual tools, including video, for maximum engagement
- Encourage participation while controlling the process
- Work with teammates to have each other’s back and appear cohesive and respectful of each other
- Close the meeting, set appropriate next steps, and assign responsibilities
- Get the business of the meeting done effectively and efficiently
Course delivery details
Duration: 2+ days
Maximum Enrollment: 10
Number of Instructors: 2
Location: Client Site & Virtual Classroom
Contact Turpin for price information.
Why choose Turpin Communication?
Customizable business communication training courses.
Expert communication trainers and coaches.
30+ years of focused communication skills expertise.
Contact this provider
Custom Presentation and Facilitation Skills Training for Your Team
Turpin Communication is a business communication training company. We build the skills presenters, meeting facilitators, and trainers need to achieve their goals, work more efficiently, and grow leadership capabilities. Our process is about simplification and personalization. We untangle confusing assumptions,...