Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Advanced Facilitation Skills
Specialized Techniques for Leading High-stakes Meetings
This is a mastery-level facilitation skills workshop that focuses on the skills required for the effective facilitation of high-stakes meetings.
Workshop participants work on a real-life meeting, for example a quality initiative, internal audit, strategic planning or family council meeting. These real-life meeting situations ensure that participants hone the skills required for successful facilitation back in the workplace.
Because this workshop is delivered by two instructors, participants receive extensive feedback and guidance. Individual exercises are video recorded with the group by one instructor. This is followed by private, instructor-led video review and coaching by the second instructor.
The Advanced Facilitation Skills workshop incorporates a blended learning approach through eCoach, Turpin's online learner's portal. Through eCoach, participants complete pre-work before the class and, after the class, have access to job aids and reference material. Participants also receive a copy of The Orderly Conversation: Business Presentations Redefined.
Turpin tailors each workshop to the needs of individuals and their organization.
- Structure meetings to communicate (1) purpose, (2) direction, and (3) context.
- Establish clear expectations and involve attendees in a comfortable, goal-oriented conversation.
- Deliver content using flip charts, slides or handouts.
- Create the environment for a healthy exchange of ideas and facilitate the interaction successfully.
- Listen effectively and reserve judgment.
- Manage disengaged, emotional, difficult, or hostile attendees.
- Document discussions using whiteboards or flip charts and/or work with co-facilitators and scribes.
- Connect dots and identify common themes.
- Get the business of the meeting done efficiently and effectively.
- Set next steps and assign responsibilities.
Who should attend?
Attendees should have some basic facilitation and presentation experience, but not everyone needs to be at the same level. Often a wide range of skills and experience provides the richest learning environment.
Contact Turpin for price information.
Custom Presentation and Facilitation Skills Training for Your Team
Founded in 1992, Turpin Communication is dedicated to helping business presenters succeed. Workshop participants receive the most practical, personal, efficient, no-nonsense presentation skills and group facilitation skills training available anywhere. Turpin's approach is to preserve each presenter's personality and natural...