Robotic Process Automation (RPA)
Robotic Process Automation (RPA) enables automating business processes using software robots. Software robots interpret, trigger responses, and communicate with other systems just like humans do. Robotic processes and intelligent automation tools can help businesses improve the effectiveness of services faster and at a lower cost than current methods. This course is the perfect start to your automation journey, with a special focus on one of the most popular RPA tools: UiPath. Robotic Process Automation takes you on a journey from understanding the basics of RPA to advanced implementation techniques. You will become oriented in the UiPath interface and learn about its workflow. Once you are familiar with the environment, we will get hands-on with automating different applications such as Excel, SAP, Windows and web applications, screen and web scraping, working with user events, as well as understanding exceptions and debugging. By the end of the course, you'll not only be able to build your first software bot, but also, you'll wire it to perform various automation tasks with the help of best practices for bot deployment.
Who should attend?
This course is geared for attendees with Intermediate development skills (in any modern language) who wish to learn Robotic Process Automation and to perform a wide range of RPA tasks with minimal cost and maximum ROI.
Pre-Requisites: Students should have
- Basic to Intermediate IT Skills. Attendees without a programming background like Python may view labs as follow along exercises or team with others to complete them.
- Good foundational mathematics or logic skills
- Basic Linux skills, including familiarity with command-line options such as ls, cd, cp, and su
What is Robotic Process Automation?
- Scope and techniques of automation
- Robotic process automation
- About UiPath
- The future of automation
Record and Play
- UiPath stack
- Downloading and installing UiPath Studio
- Learning UiPath Studio
- Task recorder
- Step-by-step examples using the recorder
Sequence, Flowchart, and Control Flow
- Sequencing the workflow
- Control flow, various types of loops, and decision making
- Step-by-step example using Sequence and Flowchart
- Step-by-step example using Sequence and Control flow
- Variables and scope
- Arguments – Purpose and use
- Data table usage with examples
- Clipboard management
- File operation with step-by-step example
- CSV/Excel to data table and vice versa (with a step-by-step example)
Taking Control of the Controls
- Finding and attaching windows
- Finding the control
- Techniques for waiting for a control
- Act on controls – mouse and keyboard activities
- Working with UiExplorer
- Handling events
- Revisit recorder
- Screen Scraping
- When to use OCR
- Types of OCR available
- How to use OCR
- Avoiding typical failure points
Tame that Application with Plugins and Extensions
- Terminal plugin
- SAP automation
- Java plugin
- Citrix automation
- Mail plugin
- PDF plugin
- Web integration
- Excel and Word plugins
- Credential management
- Extensions – Java, Chrome, Firefox, and Silverlight
Handling User Events and Assistant Bots
- What are assistant bots?
- Monitoring system event triggers
- Monitoring image and element triggers
- Launching an assistant bot on a keyboard event
Exception Handling, Debugging, and Logging
- Exception handling
- Common exceptions and ways to handle them
- Logging and taking screenshots
- Debugging techniques
- Collecting crash dumps
- Error reporting
Managing and Maintaining the Code
- Project organization
- Nesting workflows
- Reusability of workflows
- Commenting techniques
- State Machine
- When to use Flowcharts, State Machines, or Sequences
- Using config files and examples of a config file
- Integrating a TFS server
Deploying and Maintaining the Bot
- Publishing using publish utility
- Overview of Orchestration Server
- Using Orchestration Server to control bots
- Using Orchestration Server to deploy bots
- License management
- Publishing and managing updates
- Price: $2,695.00
- Discounted Price: $1,751.75
Why choose Trivera Technologies LLC?
Over 25 years of technology training expertise.
Robust portfolio of over 1,000 leading edge technology courses.
Guaranteed to run courses and flexible learning options.
Contact this provider
Trivera Technologies is a IT education services & courseware firm that offers a range of wide professional technical education services including: end to end IT training development and delivery, skills-based mentoring programs,new hire training and re-skilling services, courseware licensing and...