R Programming JumpStart for Data Scientists
R Programming for Data Scientists & Analysts is a comprehensive hands-on course that presents common scenarios encountered in analysis and present practical solutions. In this course, special attention is paid to data science theory including AI grouping theory. A discussion of using R with AI libraries like Madlib are included.
Who should attend?
This course, geared for Data Analyst and Data Scientists who need to learn the essentials of how to program in R. Incoming students should have prior experience working with Excel or SAS, and should know the basics of SQL. Students should have intermediate-level experience in their field, and prior experience working with programming languages.
From Excel or SAS to R (Optional)
- Common challenges with Excel / SAS
- The R Environment
- Hello, R
Working with R Studio
- Simple Math with R
- Working with Vectors
- Comments and Code Structure
- Using Packages
- Vector Properties
- Creating, Combining, and Iteratorating
- Passing and Returning Vectors in Functions
- Logical Vectors
Reading and Writing
- Text Manipulation
- Working with Dates
- Date Formats and formatting
- Time Manipulation and Operations
- Adding a second dimension
- Indices and named rows and columns in a Matrix
- Matrix calculation
- n-Dimensional Arrays
- Data Frames
R in Data Science
- AI Grouping Theory
- Linear Regression
- Logistic Regression
- Elastic Net
R with MadLib
- Importing and Exporting static Data (CSV, Excel)
- Using Libraries with CRAN
- K-means with Madlib
- Regression with Madlib
- Other libraries
- Powerful Data through Visualization: Communicating the Message
- Techniques in Data Visualization
- Data Visualization Tools
Databases, Data lakes & Additional Topics
- Building connections to Databases and Data lakes, for both Python and R (using Hive server)
- Methods to “query” data from database and data lakes, for both Python and R
- Creating and passing macro variables. Specifically, R sprint, paste, paste0, and paste3 (not sure of the equivalent in Python).
Optional - Time Permitting Topics
R with Hadoop
- Overview of Hadoop
- Overview of Distributed Databases
- Overview of Pig
- Overview of Mahout
- Exploiting Hadoop clusters with R
- Hadoop, Mahout, and R
Business Rule Systems
- Rule Systems in the Enterprise
- Enterprise Service Busses
- Using R with Drools
R with AWS
- Best practices for working with AWS (completely outside of R and Python)
- Price: $ 2,195.00
- Discounted Price: $1,426.75
Why choose Trivera Technologies LLC?
Over 25 years of technology training expertise.
Robust portfolio of over 1,000 leading edge technology courses.
Guaranteed to run courses and flexible learning options.
Contact this provider
Trivera Technologies is a IT education services & courseware firm that offers a range of wide professional technical education services including: end to end IT training development and delivery, skills-based mentoring programs,new hire training and re-skilling services, courseware licensing and...