Apache TomCat 8 AdministrationTrivera Technologies LLC
Apache TomCat 8 Administration
All available course dates
Apache TomCat 8 Administration
Apache TomCat 8 Administrationis a hands-on TomCat Administration course geared for students who need to learn how to install and configure Apache Tomcat 8, as well as learn the key mechanisms of installing and administering Web Applications. This course emphasizes altering key configuration artifacts for optimum performance, availability, and fault tolerance. The course also explores integration with existing security mechanisms and databases, as well as high-performance scalability, clustering, and fault-tolerant fail-over techniques.
Upon completion of the Apache Tomcat Administration course, you will be able to:
- Explain how Tomcat relates to Java EE (JEE) and compares to other application servers (e.g. JBoss)
- Install and setup Tomcat on both Windows and UNIX-type environments
- Deploy, support, and troubleshoot applications on Tomcat
- Navigate Tomcat's directory structure
- Understand Tomcat architecture and configuration files: server.xml, context.xml, .properties, etc.
- Understand web application structure and configuration: web.xml
- Secure Tomcat and applications running on it
- Set up Tomcat for SSL
- Tune Tomcat's performance
- Explore different load-balancing and high-availability strategies with Tomcat, including server affinity through sticky sessions as well as session replication via Tomcat
Trivera offers hundreds of end-to-end skills-focused courses that provide participants with the job-ready skills they require to be truly productive in a modern IT business enterprise. Our courses are available for individuals, their teams, or across their organization, for students of all skill levels and roles. We offer an extensive online Public Course Schedule, deep catalog for Private Courses, flex-hour Mini-Camp short courses, self-paced QuickSkills courses, free webinars and more. Trivera’s unique EveryCourse Extras and AfterCourse Extras programs, included with every course, ensure our students can put their newly-learned skills right to work, while providing them with a solid platform for continued skills-development, support and long-term growth. For more information about our dedicated training services, public course offerings, collaborative coaching services, new hire or enterprise upskilling programs, or to see our complete list of course offerings and special offers please call us toll free at 844-475-4559. Our pricing and services are always satisfaction guaranteed.
Who should attend?
This is an introductory-intermediate level course, designed for web server administrators who need to install, configure, and run Apache TomCat web server. Student should be familiar with the basic principles of web/application server administration. Prior Java or JEE experience would also be helpful for the Java portions of the course.
Session -Apache Tomcat and JEE Overview
- Web Technology Architectural Overview
Expression Language 3.0
- Tomcat Background
- Other components in the ecosystem
Session-Administering Apache Tomcat
- Apache and Tomcat
- Installing Tomcat
- Directory Structure
- Anatomy of a Web App
- Deploying Web Apps
- Tomcat Manager
- Connection Pooling and Database Mappings
- Tomcat Security and LDAP Integration
- Capacity Planning
- Garbage Collection and Tuning Overview
- Deploying and Configuring Web Applications
- Advanced Performance - Tomcat Native and APR
- Load Testing with Apache JMeter [Optional]
- Clustering Tomcat
- Connectors (JCA) [Optional]
- Integrating with Apache HttpD and Mod-Cluster
- Shared Hosting [Optional]
Course delivery details
Our robust course materials include much more than a simple slideshow presentation handout. Student materials include a comprehensive hard-copy course manual, complete with detailed course notes, code samples, diagrams and current reference materials, all directly related to the course at hand, indexed for ease of use. Step-by-step lab instructions and project descriptions are clearly illustrated and commented for maximum learning. Our course kits are designed to serve as an excellent and useful reference set, long after we leave your classroom.
- Price: 2,395.00
- Discounted Price: 1,556.75
Why choose Trivera Technologies LLC?
Over 25 years of technology training expertise.
Robust portfolio of over 1,000 leading edge technology courses.
Guaranteed to run courses and flexible learning options.
About Trivera Technologies LLC
Trivera Technologies is a IT education services & courseware firm that offers a range of wide professional technical education services including: end to end IT training development and delivery, skills-based mentoring programs,new hire training and re-skilling services, courseware licensing and...
Contact this provider
Have a question about this course? Fill out this form and the provider will get in touch with you shortly
No reviews available
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team
You may also like...