PLCs for Non ProgrammersTPC Training
PLCs for Non Programmers
All available course dates
PLCs for Non-Programmers
This PLCs for Non-Programmers training course is an interactive and hands-on program breaking down the seemingly complex world of automation and Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs) into practical material that the average non-programmer can easily digest. Students will leave this course able to speak the PLC language, read and interpret PLC ladder logic, troubleshoot PLC systems and components, and fix the most common PLC problems on their own.
Would you like to take this class from home or your worksite? TPC Training offers this course as a Virtual Instructor-Led. A Virtual Instructor-Led is a course format that allows you to interact with a live instructor.
In light of COVID-19, this provider is now delivering some or all of their courses online. Contact them for more information!
Who should attend?
This training course is aimed at non-programmers seeking a broken down and practical overview of Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs).
The content of this training course is structured as follows:
- Speaking the Language of PLCs
- Hardware Focus
- How PLCs Work
- PLC Terminology, PID
- Parts of a PLC
- Input Interfaces
- Output Interfaces
- Power Supplies
- Programming Terminals
- System Configurations
- Hardware Considerations
- Field Wiring
- Master Control Relay
- Isolation Transformers
- Four Basic Types of Grounding
- Reading PLC Ladder Logic
- Organization and Function of Ladder
- Logic Ladder Logic Data Table Organization
- Numbering Systems
- Data Table Files
- Bit, Word and File Addressing
- Introduction to Programming
- Common PLC & PID Instructions
- Basic Relay
- Counters and Timers
- Data Transfer
- Subroutine Files
- Selectable Timed Interrupt (STI) Files
- Jumps and MCR Instructions
- Fault Routines
- Relating the PLC to "Real World" Applications
- Troubleshooting PLC Systems & Components
- Forcing of Input Data Table & Output Devices
- Identifying I/O Field Device Faults
- Identifying I/O Module Faults
- Identifying System Faults Using the Data Monitor Screen
- Using the Processor Status and I/O Status Screen
- Find & Fix the 10 Most Common PLC Problems
- The "Ultimate PLC Troubleshooting Flowchart"
- Using Troubleshooting Tools
- Using Software Tools
- "Real World" Case Studies
The cost of this PLCs for Non-Programmers training course is $1,195.
About TPC Training
TPC Training - The leader in live, instructor led maintenance training
TPC Training is the leader in maintenance, repair, and operator training, with complete solutions for a 21st century workforce to acquire, apply, and adapt essential technical and safety skills. With 2000+ classes annually, including 100+ cities, on-site at customer facilities, and online anywhere,...
Contact this provider
Have a question about this course? Fill out this form and the provider will get in touch with you shortly
No reviews available
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team
You may also like...