Electrical Workshop - Basics to Troubleshooting Classroom TrainingTPC Training
Electrical Workshop - Basics to Troubleshooting Classroom Training
All available course dates
Electrical Workshop -- Basics to Troubleshooting
Available in both virtual and in-person, instructor-led formats, this four-day Electrical Workshop Basics to Troubleshooting seminar provides an intensive electrical training experience that covers the basics of electricity all the way through troubleshooting a facility's own electrical systems.
Please note that this workshop is a special combination of two of our most popular seminars. It combines the two-day Basic Electricity for the Non-Electrician and the two-day Electrical Troubleshooting and Preventive Maintenance seminar. These seminars are offered consecutively in the same week to create a more comprehensive training opportunity.
In light of COVID-19, this provider is now delivering some or all of their courses online. Contact them for more information!
- Production & Distribution of Electricity
- DC and AC in Plants and Facilities
- Voltage, Current and Resistance; Ohm's Law
- Basic Electric, Series, and Parallel Circuits
- Power: Types & Control
- Single-phase and Three-phase Systems
- Workplace Electrical Safety
Electrical Test Equipment for Everyday Use
- Multimeters, Voltage Testers, and Ammeters
- De-energized Circuits
- Modes of Failure
- Meters for Special Circumstances
Understanding Your Building Electrical System
- Reading Electrical Single-Line Diagrams
- Major Components
- The Electrical Service
- Main Distribution Centers
- Transformers, Feeders, Disconnects, & motors
- Switchgear and Circuit Breakers
- Overcurrent Protective Devices
- Panelboards, Branch and Lighting Circuits
- Electrical Floor Plans & Facility Wiring
Working Safely with Industrial Electricity
- Hazards & Dangers of Electricity
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Lockout/Tagout (LOTO)
- Developing Safe Work Practices
The National Electrical Code® ( NEC )
- Purpose and Overview
- Important Definitions and Terminology
- Overview of Installation Requirements
- Qualified Persons
- Conductor Types & Materials
- Selection of Wire Insulation
- Sizing the Wire for the Job
Installing Wire (Conductors)
- Raceways, Cable Trays, Conduits, Fittings and Boxes
Installing and Wiring Equipment
- Wire Nuts, Terminals and Crimpers
- Switches and Receptacles
- Fluorescent Ballasts
- Temporary Wiring
Basic Troubleshooting Techniques
- Branch and Control Circuit Problems
- Isolation of Components
- Checking & Replacing Fuses
Electrical Maintenance Activities
- Assured Equipment Grounding Program
- Use and Operation of GFCI's
- Types of Electrical Maintenance
- Special Precautions
Course delivery details
Virtual training is a cost-efficient alternative to offsite training. Taught online through live video conferences, virtual training allows employees to develop electrical troubleshooting skills in a safe, socially distanced environment. Taught by experienced instructors, electrical troubleshooting virtual training offers all the benefits of a live classroom, including face-to-face employee/instructor interactions and group discussions.
All your employees need to access virtual training courses is a computer, an internet connection, a microphone, webcam, and speakers. Classes can be scheduled around regular work hours, and employees can take the course either at work or at home. Hands-on electrical troubleshooting is even possible, thanks to TPC's newest teaching methodology, simulation-based training.
The cost for the full 4-day workshop is $2,390. The two-day seminars may also be purchased individually for $1,195.
Upon completion of this seminar, the student will receive a certification of completion with 8 classroom hours (.8 TPC Training CEUs) per day attended.
About TPC Training
TPC Training - The leader in live, instructor led maintenance training
TPC Training is the leader in maintenance, repair, and operator training, with complete solutions for a 21st century workforce to acquire, apply, and adapt essential technical and safety skills. With 2000+ classes annually, including 100+ cities, on-site at customer facilities, and online anywhere,...
Contact this provider
Have a question about this course? Fill out this form and the provider will get in touch with you shortly
No reviews available
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team