Chilled Water Systems Virtual Instructor-led Training
Available in both virtual and in-person, instructor-led formats, this Chilled Water Systems seminar will teach you how to keep your system running efficiently, whether it keeps people or equipment cool. Students will learn about components used in chilled water systems, uses and applications of chilled water systems among many other things. This seminar is perfect for anyone looking to increase their knowledge about chillers, cooling towers and other chilled water systems.
In light of COVID-19, this provider is now delivering some or all of their courses online. Contact them for more information!
Day One examines the basics of chilled water systems including chillers and cooling towers. We'll do an overview and review heat theories so students understand why things happen.
Chilled Water Systems Overview
- Component tasks
- System design
- Codes and standards
Heat Transfer Theory
- Properties of matter: solid, liquid, vapor
- Laws of Thermodynamics
- Heat transfer theory:
- Principles of heat and temperature measurement
- British thermal unit, specific heat
- Sensible heat latent heat, superheat
- Gas laws
- Atmospheric pressure, vacuum
- Pressure/temperature and pressure/volume relationships
Compression Refrigeration Cycle
- Refrigeration cycle, change of state of refrigerant
- Heat transfer within the refrigeration cycle
Day Two introduces advanced topics such as refrigerants and equipment components, heat rejection systems and principles of heat movement.
- Refrigerant composition, including new blends
- Refrigerant oils
- Refrigerant handling: recovery, recycling, reclamation
- Compressors: reciprocating, scroll, screw, rotary, centrifugal
- Evaporators: tube-in-shell, tube-in-tube, coil-in-shell
- Condensers: water-cooled, air-cooled, evaporative
- Metering devices:
- Thermostatic expansion valve
- Electronic expansion valve
- High and low side floats
- Auxiliary refrigeration equipment
Heat Rejection Systems
- Cooling towers
- Evaporative coolers and condensers, heat exchangers
- Cooling tower operation and maintenance
- Water chemistry for open and closed re-circulating systems
- Glycol systems and fluids
- Principles of air movement
- Wet-bulb and dry-bulb temperatures
- Relative humidity and dew point temperatures
- Psychrometric chart exercises
Course delivery details
Virtual Instructor-Led Training (VILT) is a live audio and video classroom experience over the internet with 100% interaction with the instructor, from the comfort of your own home or workplace. All you need is an internet connection, a microphone, and a webcam, and you can join the session from anywhere. With full audio and video capabilities, you are equipped with the tools you need for maximum learning.
This 2-day seminar is just $1,195.
Certification / Credits
- Installation, operation and maintenance of generators
- Specific requirements and recommendations
- Power backup systems suitable for your facility
- Emergency planning
- Reading and understanding vendor technical information
- How to conduct tests on your equipment
- When to schedule tests and maintenance activities
- Working with parallel energy sources
- Synchronizing procedures and load sharing
- Troubleshooting your generator
- Repairing most common generator problems
- The EGSA, IEEE, NFPA,NECA and NETA as related to your generator
- What to do when the lights go out
- What to do when the power comes back online
Upon completion of this course, the student will receive a three-star certification of completion showing 8 classroom hours (.8 TPC Training CEUs) per day attended.
About TPC Training
TPC Training - The leader in live, instructor led maintenance training
TPC Training is the leader in maintenance, repair, and operator training, with complete solutions for a 21st century workforce to acquire, apply, and adapt essential technical and safety skills. With 2000+ classes annually, including 100+ cities, on-site at customer facilities, and online anywhere,...
Contact this provider
Have a question about this course? Fill out this form and the provider will get in touch with you shortly
No reviews available
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team