Arc Flash Electrical Safety NFPA 70E® Virtual Instructor-led Training with Skills & Certification - On-site TrainingTPC Training
Arc Flash Electrical Safety NFPA 70E® Virtual Instructor-led Training with Skills & Certification - Day 3 Only - On-site Training
This Arc Flash Electrical Safety NFPA® 70E training course aims to provide students with a foundation of safety knowledge while working on or around electrically energized equipment. Overall, this course has been designed to reduce liability concerns for the employer while establishing a culture of safe work practices among employees.
This course can also be adopted as part of a company’s regular Qualified Electrical Worker program.
Would you like to take this class from home or your worksite? TPC Training offers this course as a Virtual Instructor-Led. A Virtual Instructor-Led is a course format that allows you to interact with a live instructor.
In light of COVID-19, this provider is now delivering some or all of their courses online. Contact them for more information!
Who should attend?
This training course is aimed at those seeking to fulfill the requirements outlined in OSHA 29 CFR Part 1910, Subpart S Electrical and NFPA 70E® “Standard for Electrical Safety in the Workplace”. Further, this course is suitable for any worker who spends time near electrically energized equipment.
The content of this training course is structured as follows:
- Electrical Safety & the Qualified Electrical Worker
- Background, Responsibilities & Requirements
- Safety Standard Types: NFPA 70E® & Others
- OSHA Electrical Safety Regulations Overview
- Understanding Definitions
- Electrical Hazards
- Power of Electricity
- Shock, Arc-Flash & Arc-blast
- How to Identify Electrical Hazards
- Damage to People and Equipment
- Dangers of Static Electricity
- Accident Prevention
- Emergency Response
- Safety Related Work Practices
- Work Related Definitions
- General Requirements
- Establishing Safe Work Conditions
- Electrical Lockout / Tagout
- Working On or Near Energized Parts
- Determining Proper Approach Distances
- Securing Energized Work Permits
- Understanding an Arc Flash Analysis
- Reading Arc Flash One Line Diagrams
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Safety Related Maintenance Requirements
- Understanding General Requirements
- Common Electrical Equipment
- Premises Wiring
- Controller Equipment
- Fuses & Circuit Breakers
- Rotating Equipment
- Hazardous (Classified) Locations
- Batteries & Battery Rooms
- Portable Electrical Tools & Equipment (PPR)
- Requirements for Special Equipment
- Electrolytic Cells
- Batteries & Battery Rooms
- Power Electronic Equipment
- Electrical Safety Program
- Planning an Electrical Safety Program
- Complying with NFPA 70E®
- Interpreting Arc Flash Analysis Reports
- Determining your PPE Requirements
- Documentation of Records
About TPC Training
TPC Training - The leader in live, instructor led maintenance training
TPC Training is the leader in maintenance, repair, and operator training, with complete solutions for a 21st century workforce to acquire, apply, and adapt essential technical and safety skills. With 2000+ classes annually, including 100+ cities, on-site at customer facilities, and online anywhere,...
Contact this provider
Have a question about this course? Fill out this form and the provider will get in touch with you shortly
No reviews available
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team