Performance Measurement for the Non-Performance Professional - 1 day Training Course
This course from The Spaulding Group is designed to give participants the understanding of performance measurement. This is a key need of everyone involved with investing, from chief investment officers and portfolio managers to back office operations, marketing, legal and compliance staff. During the course, participants will receive critical knowledge and understanding of performance measurement that will give them the most important concepts they need in their line of work.
At the end of this course participants will have better knowledge of:
- Rates of Return
- Risk Measurement
Students receive a binder with all of the PowerPoint slides, and a copy of the GIPS standards.
Upcoming start dates
Contact The Spaulding Group for future dates.
- New Brunswick
Who should attend?
This course is designed for non-performance professionals who need to learn critical knowledge and understanding of performance measurement.
Rates of Return
- Why percentages are used
- The role of returns in judging performance
- The role of cash flows
- Time-weighted returns: why and how it’s done
- Money-weighted returns: their role in reporting
- When the numbers don’t make sense (and why they do!)
- A review of the four major classifications of benchmarks: market indices, absolute, peer groups, and custom
- The criteria that is often used to judge benchmarks
- Absolute versus relative attribution
- The Brinson models: how they differ
- The interaction effect: why it’s loved, why it’s hated
- Why fixed income attribution needs its own models
- Geometric vs. arithmetic: why and how we link across periods
- What GIPS is, what its role is and why it’s so important
- Firm definition
- Composites: what they are and why they’re important
- What discretion means
- How we calculate our returns
- What firms must give to prospects
- What verification is
- What performance examinations are
Contact The Spaulding Group for pricing details.
Contact this provider
Since 1990, The Spaulding Group has been one of the most influential performance measurement services firms in the investment industry. Solely focusing on the money management industry, Spaulding is unlike other firms that support a variety of industries. There is...