Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Conflict Confidence: Learn How to Confidently Communicate in Conflict Situations
In today's corporate world, misunderstandings are bound to lead to disagreements. Disagreements often lead to conflict. Unresolved conflict can be lethal to optimal workflow environments. In addition to this, unresolved conflict in teams leads to other negative situations, including:
– Promoting distrust amongst team members and destroying morale.
– Lowering your team’s (and your) productivity.
– Wasting valuable time and energy.
– Leading to employee turnover.
The average manager in the United States today spends as much as 35% of their time with handling workplace conflicts. That amounts to an astounding two days per week. At some point in your managerial career you will be tasked with handling a conflict situation with your team. Team conflicts can come from many sources, from challenging conversations with poor-performing employees, to being called to mediate between two clashing personalities, or handling gossip, back-biting rumors and hearsay. Conflict is a certainty.
If workplace is not handled effectively, it can turn toxic. Toxic work environments further lead to distrust, destroyed morale and damaged productivity. Conflicting opinions can turn into personal dislikes, leading to team break downs with collatoral damage resulting in talent walking out the door.
Who should attend?
This course is designed for managers who do not feel confident in their skills in overseeing conflict situations in their teams. It is also designed for managers who need to equip themselves with how to communicate their points of view in conflict situations with other parties. Your ability as a manager to handle difficult conversations and defuse conflict situations will absolutely determine your success as a leader.
Course participants whom attend the Conflict Confidence workshop, will learn conflict resolution skills that will help them to enjoy a calmer, more relaxed atmosphere where people get along and are able to complete tasks on time and within budget.
Course participants will learn the following:
- How to identify and overcome your personal barriers to successful conflict resolution.
- What triggers and escalates conflicts.
- What you can do to safely de-escalate conflicts.
- How Conflict styles affect the course of conflict and strategies for using your conflict style for maximum impact
- The power (and danger) of assumptions
- Practical strategies and techniques to resolve conflicts.
- How to keep your cool when the conversation gets hot.
- The role of emotions in conflict and how you can use that knowledge to get to resolution
- Six communication principles to make your messages more powerful and persuasive
- The Seven Deadly Sins of Conflict Resolution
- Tips and techniques to build your conflict confidence.
Kevin Eikenberry is an expert on team and leadership development and is the Chief Potential Officer of The Kevin Eikenberry Group.
He has dedicated the past 15 years in helping organizations all across North America with leadership, learning, teams and teamwork, creativity and more. His client list includes: the American Red Cross, Chevron, Chevron Phillips Chemical Co., John Deere, Purdue University, Southwest Airlines, TriHealth, the U.S. Marine Corps, the U.S. Mint and many more.
He is a frequent presenter at professional conferences and a sought-after keynote speaker. He currently serves on four boards of directors in order to contribute, hone his leadership skills and add an additional dimension to his experiences.
He is the author of the bestselling books Remarkable Leadership and Vantagepoints on Learning and Life, and a contributing author to more than 20 other books. He was recently named to three exclusive lists: Inc.com’s Top 100 Leadership and Management Experts in the World, 100 Great Leadership Speakers for Your Next Conference, and the American Management Association’s Leaders to Watch in 2015. He publishes four electronic newsletters and a popular blog, Leadership & Learning, collectively read by more than 80,000 people worldwide.
Please send an inquiry to The Kevin Eikenberry Group by filling out the form below to inquire about course cost and availability. The course registration includes the following:
- 2 live group coaching sessions after the workshop to help solidify what the course participant has learned in the class and answer any questions that may pop-up after they return to their office.
- A 6-month subscription to The Insider - our print newsletter filled with the latest ideas and new applications of timeless leadership principle written for leaders just like you
The course provider also provides the following guarantee:
"We believe our work isn’t done until you are completely satisfied with the results you have received from our training. When you choose to learn with us, if, for any reason you aren’t 100% delighted with the workshop, we will refund your entire registration fee. No questions asked. Guaranteed."
When 3 or more enroll from your organization, save $100 per registration. Please contact the course provider for more information.
The Kevin Eikenberry Group
What drives the The Kevin Eikenberry Group is their business philosophy. This philosophy is at the forefront of their colleague engagement but especially in their approach to conflict resolution and management and leadership coaching. The Kevin Eikenberry Group hopes to attract clients...