Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Communicating for Results: Learn influential and persuasive communication skills
Communication is the lifeblood to our personal and professional success. On average, we spend about 70% of our day communicating. And yet, it’s one of the skills with which we have the most difficulty. While challenging to have effective communication skills, it is extremely important. It could be said that the singular act of being able to communicate effectively correlates with career and professional success.
At its most basic level, communication is a 2 way street where messages are given and received. As you are aware, things are not as clear-cut or simplistic. All managers have experienced at various times communication failure and angst when messages that are being shared are not received the way that managers intend. This results from a lack of proper training in corporate communication that produces results.
Acquiring professional skills in results-oriented communication can dramatically change a difficult situation to seamless one, leading to improved results, productivity and results in reduced stress levels for all involved. The ability to communicate effectively in persuasive and influential ways has a direct impact on the quality of your relationships.
Who should attend?
This course has been developed for those that feel that they have had miscommunication with another party, or feel that the other party did not understand or process what was just said. This course is also designed for those whom feel that when they delegate tasks they have not lived up to expectations. Negative experiences arise from a lack of communication which lead to managers feeling powerless and looking for solutions. This course has been designed for these people.
Communicating for Results starts by defining the different communication styles. With this knowledge, you’ll learn strategies for leveraging this knowledge in all of your communications and interactions with others. You’ll learn how each style influences behavior and communication, and how you can use this information for more meaningful communications.
In just 2 days, you’ll learn:
- Where It All Starts: Becoming a great communicator – what does it mean and what does it take?
- DISC and Communication Styles De-Coded: How to identify and understand the different communication styles – and then how to apply communication principles to better communicate with people who have different styles.
- The Role of Emotion: The impact of emotion and how you can use it to become a better communicator. Yes emotion matters and here you will learn how and why emotion can create better communication results.
- Developing Influence and Persuasion Power: How credibility and trust impact the way others respond to your communication and how you can use it to ensure understanding and create results.
- The Value of Silence: Learn how to identify your own personal barriers to listening and then build a listening improvement plan that truly impacts effective work relationships.
- Effective Communication in Writing: Learn the difference between electronic written messages and paper written messages and how to write emails that get read and get results.
The course cost is 795 dollars per course participant. With your course registration, you will also receive the following:
- 2 live group coaching sessions post-workshop and a 6-month subscription to the course provider's print newsletter, The Insider.
With group coaching, you’ll have access to:
- Answers to your most pressing questions.
- Advice on your stickiest situations.
- Advice on implementing your ideas and plans more successfully.
- An opportunity to share successes.
- Confirmation that what you are planning to try will work.
- Valuable learning opportunities from the questions & challenges of others in the group.
Regardless of your title, position or level of experience, your ability to communicate is absolutely dictated by how well you communicate. And with your registration to Communicating for Results, you will be on your way to communicating more powerfully, more persuasively and more effectively every time.
And here is the course provider's course guarantee:
"We believe our work isn’t done until you are completely satisfied with the results you have received from our training. When you choose to learn with us, if, for any reason you aren’t 100% delighted with the workshop, we will refund your entire registration fee. No questions asked. Guaranteed."
The Kevin Eikenberry Group
What drives the The Kevin Eikenberry Group is their business philosophy. This philosophy is at the forefront of their colleague engagement but especially in their approach to conflict resolution and management and leadership coaching. The Kevin Eikenberry Group hopes to attract clients...