Ivey Communications and Leadership Presence Program
Learn how to cultivate your leadership presence by identifying and bringing your best self forward. Hone your communication skills, receive coaching from Ivey faculty, and practice with a peer network of other leaders.
Successful leaders know how to have an impact. Great leaders know how to inspire. The Ivey Communication and Leadership Presence Program takes your leadership presence from good to great through the power of authentic communication.
This transformative program is designed for leaders who are ready to move beyond traditional approaches to communication. Through a deeply personal process that links leading-edge research, neuroscience, and sociology with guided self-reflection, you’ll learn how to cultivate your leadership presence by identifying and bringing your best self forward.
Throughout the program you will practice your communication skills, receive coaching from top-rated Ivey faculty, and build a global peer network who will be in your corner when you need them most. You’ll return to work with the confidence to navigate tough situations, master difficult conversations, and communicate your vision as a leader who inspires from a place of self-awareness and an understanding of others.
Who should attend?
Emerging and experienced executive leaders who desire to master the art and science of authentic communication skills and reach new levels of leadership presence to enhance impact and influence in any situation.
What You Learn
Your Best Self
- Develop a deeper understanding of your authentic self through self-assessments and guided reflections
- Define and articulate your leadership presence
- Learn how to lead with your best self
Leadership Communication Competencies
- Understand the key communication skills that contribute to superior leadership outcomes
- Learn how integrating dimensions of character and commitment leads to more powerful communication and inspired leadership
Communicate in Context
- Master the skills needed to put your best self forward in any context: in person, on the phone, and virtually, over video
- Receive personal feedback on your leadership presence from peers and faculty
- Learn best practices related to equity, diversity, and inclusion (EDI)
- Understand approaches and learn techniques that strengthen your ability to build authentic connections with people who think and work differently
- Learn how to break silences and engage in ways that are meaningful and respectful
- Bring your best self forward in any conversation
- Learn how to navigate difficult, crucial, and confrontational conversations from a place of self-awareness and an awareness of others
Course delivery details
- Live Faculty-led Sessions
- Peer Learning Sessions
- Self-paced Learning Activities
Certification / Credits
- Gain a deeper understanding of your best self
- Master the art and science of authentic communication in any context
- Strengthen your ability to connect with people from diverse backgrounds
- Hone your capacity to navigate difficult conversations with confidence
- Grow leadership presence and return to work as a leader who inspires
After completing the Ivey Communications and Leadership Presence Program, you'll receive an authentic digital artifact – also known as a badge. This badge showcases your achievements and commitment to professional development.
In addition to a digital badge, you will receive an Ivey Communications and Leadership Presence Program Certificate of Completion, a powerful credential from the top business school in Canada.
Contact this provider
The Ivey Academy at Ivey Business School
The Ivey Academy is Canada’s leader in management education and professional development. We work with organizations in business and government to build leadership teams and drive strategic change. As a full-service learning and development provider, we design and deliver talent...