Leadership Skills for Auditors- Develop Valuable Tools for Audit Team Management
This Leadership Skills for Auditors course offered by The Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA), the leading authority on internal auditing, provides tools for auditing management, including leaders, supervisors, to motivate and maintain an effective and efficient team as well as techniques for developing strong communication abilities with with customers as well as within an audit team.
This IIA course teaches participants how to identify and understand different leadership styles as well as communication techniques for promoting positive relationship management. Course-takers will learn how to apply these skills to real-life situations as well as how to use the power of effective leadership to positively influence others within an organization.
Who should attend?
This is an intermediate level course offered by The Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) with no prerequisites or prior preparation required.
The outline for this course is as follows:
- Identify the types of leaders and attributes of effective leaders
- Assess the effectiveness of auditor leadership skills discussed in this unit
- Identify how motivational theories impact leadership styles
- Identify motivational techniques for use by auditors
- Practice using motivational theories and techniques to motivate auditors
Styles of Leaders
- Identify your behavior style and behaviors you commonly use when around others
- Understand types of behavior and behavioral styles
- Identify the ways in which leaders influence others within an organization
- Apply leadership styles in real-world situations
- Identify styles of conflict management and their applications in the work place
- Identify the techniques available to manage differences and determine your personal preferences
- Identify the techniques available to manage conflict in the workplace
- Apply conflict management techniques to real-world situations
- Identify effective learning skills
- Identify communication styles that you may not be aware of in your daily interactions as a leader
- Identify the skills required to be an effective listener as well as ways to improve your verbal skills
- Identify the components of decision making as well as delegation principles
- Identify methods for effective problem-solving approaches to decision making and potential pitfalls
- Practice making decisions about typical leadership problems
- Identify interpersonal techniques and situations that will impact performance management
- Practice the skills required to effectively manage performance
- Identify elements necessary for an effective conflict resolution discussion
In order to ensure that you receive pricing best suited to your situation, please refer to IIA's website as well as to find out more about IIA's on-site training opportunities.
Certification / Credits
Certified Internal Auditors (CIAs) completing this course are eligible to receive 32 Continuing Professional Education (CPE) hours.
The Institute of Internal Auditors- Training from the Auditing Industry's Leading Authority
The Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) is the global voice and leading educator for the internal auditing profession, providing innovative internal audit training as well as engaging, facilitated learning opportunities for its members and customers. IIA auditing courses help you add value...