Analyzing & Improving Business Processes- Improving Operations Efficiency & Customer Experience
This Analyzing & Improving Business Processes course offered by The Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA), the leading authority in internal auditing, teaches internal auditing professionals valuable techniques for analyzing and evaluating their organizations' existing business processes to optimize efficiency, analyze existing work, and provide superior customer service.
In addition to exploring mapping techniques that help improve customer relations and highlight opportunities for improvement in organizational processes, this IIA course emphasizes hands-on application of process analysis skills in the form of case studies, real-world scenarios and by drawing on participants' prior experiences to promote organizational success.
Who should attend?
This is an introductory level course offered by The Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) with no prerequisites or prior preparation required.
The outline for this course is as follows:
Process Objectives and Risks
- Apply the concepts of “objective” and “risk” to any process.
- Define a process.
- Discuss why processes are analyzed.
- Discuss how the relationship with management impacts process analysis.
- Discuss how strategic objectives support process objectives.
- Evaluate objectives developed for individual processes.
- Develop objectives for individual processes.
Defining the Process
- Apply the concept of "process components" to the review of individual processes.
- Distinguish the inputs and outputs of individual processes.
- Distinguish trigger events within individual processes.
- Identify measures of success, given process objectives.
- Prepare a drill-down analysis of a process, identifying key sub-processes.
- Apply process mapping techniques to produce a visual depiction of any process and be able to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Explain how process maps are constructed.
- Build simplified decision trees for p[rocess maps.
- Create verb/noun process descriptors.
- Construct process maps.
- Assess process maps for process improvement opportunities.
- Apply customer mapping techniques to the examination and analysis of business processes, focusing on improving the organization’s interaction with customers.
- Determine what the customer wants.
- Explain steps in customer mapping.
- Determine key customer tasks.
- Determine actions, inputs and outputs for each task.
- Determine the measures of success for each task and rank them in order of importance.
- Create a customer profile worksheet.
- Apply concepts, techniques, and skills learned in spaghetti mapping to analyze process workflows and identify opportunities for improving the workflows.
- Explain concepts and steps used in creating a spaghetti map.
- Create an as is spaghetti map.
- Create an improved process using an existing spaghetti map (to be).
- Apply concepts, techniques, and skills learned to optimizing accountabilities and responsibilities in business processes.
- Define a RACI matrix and the principals involved.
- Distinguish the various aspects of the RACI terms.
- Create a RACI matrix.
- Analyze a completed RACI matrix.
In order to ensure that you receive pricing best suited to your situation, please refer to IIA's website as well as to find out more about IIA's on-site training opportunities.
Certification / Credits
Certified Internal Auditors (CIAs) completing this course are eligible to receive 16 Continuing Professional Education (CPE) hours.
The Institute of Internal Auditors- Training from the Auditing Industry's Leading Authority
The Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) is the global voice and leading educator for the internal auditing profession, providing innovative internal audit training as well as engaging, facilitated learning opportunities for its members and customers. IIA auditing courses help you add value...