Get Smart on the unique characteristics of the London Metal Exchange with FIA-IFM Training. The course has been jointly developed by FIA and the London Metal Exchange to help familiarize new and existing LME market participants with key features of the market and essential rules and regulatory requirements.
The course covers a range of topics including member types and privileges, prompt date structure, lending rules, market abuse regulations, reporting, and post-trade functions.
Exchanges like the LME help us develop content based on where they see the most need for education of market participants. We also use outside counsel as appropriate to help us write and/or review content. Courses are continuously updated as rules change.
Upcoming start dates
eLearning on demand
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
Market participants including:
- Financial services professionals in sales, client services, and operations and the senior managers that oversee them.
- Analysts, programmers and team members that touch the futures markets.
- Market structure
- Essential rules for LME traders
- Position management arrangements
- Essential rules for LME operations
- Interactive exercises to test comprehension
A training certificate can be downloaded after successful course completion.
Course delivery details
eLearning on demand.
- FIA Member Discount: $60
Qualify for a Discount?
- FIA Member firms and their employees are eligible for discounts on courses. FIA members include more than 300 financial services firms as well as fund managers, commercial hedgers, global exchanges, technology vendors, and legal and other professional services providers.
- Volume discounts for training are available for firms with 16 or more participants.
Why choose IFM?
Nonprofit educational foundation founded that offers top-quality education at the lowest cost
Qualified instructors who have real world working experience at major films and regulatory agencies
IFM instructors are passionate to share the knowledge gained from real world working experience at major firms and regulatory bodies
Contact this provider
The Institute for Financial Markets (IFM)
The Institute for Financial Markets (IFM), established by in 1989 is a nonprofit educational foundation. The IFM is an affiliate for the FIA, the leading global trade organization for the futures, options and centrally cleared derivatives markets. The IFM works to...