Get Smart on electronic trading and compliance with FIA-IFM Training. This course covers a broad range of topics critical to traders accessing the listed derivatives markets and those who oversee them.
The training is designed to provide a better understanding of the basics of electronic trading including activities likely to draw attention from regulators, and key exchange rules and regulations. It also covers exchange rules most likely to impact traders such as pre-execution communications, cross trades, self-match trades, test trades, position limits and order-to-trade ratios.
Note: This course may help meet Direct Electronic Access (DEA) training requirements in certain jurisdictions.
Upcoming start dates
eLearning on demand
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for those that trade or plan to trade on derivatives markets.
- Trader identification
- Contract specifications
- Order types
- Pre-trade risk controls
- Recordkeeping requirements
- Central limit order book (CLOB)
- Permitted transactions outside the CLOB including exchange-for-related positions (EFRPs) and block trades
- Interactive exercises to test comprehension
Course delivery details
eLearning on demand.
- FIA Member Discount: $35
Qualify for a Discount?
- FIA Member firms and their employees are eligible for discounts on courses. FIA members include more than 300 financial services firms as well as fund managers, commercial hedgers, global exchanges, technology vendors, and legal and other professional services providers.
- Volume discounts for training are available for firms with 16 or more participants.
Why choose IFM?
Nonprofit educational foundation founded that offers top-quality education at the lowest cost
Qualified instructors who have real world working experience at major films and regulatory agencies
IFM instructors are passionate to share the knowledge gained from real world working experience at major firms and regulatory bodies
Contact this provider
The Institute for Financial Markets (IFM)
The Institute for Financial Markets (IFM), established by in 1989 is a nonprofit educational foundation. The IFM is an affiliate for the FIA, the leading global trade organization for the futures, options and centrally cleared derivatives markets. The IFM works to...