Energy Derivatives Trading Bootcamp
IFM’s virtual instructor-led "bootcamp" provides a detailed insight into the most widely traded energy derivative instruments including forwards, futures, options, and swaps ─ together with their potential for hedging and risk management.
During the training you will uncover specific characteristics of energy products and understand the risks and rewards across sectors. You will gain a practical understanding of today's energy markets and how derivatives are effectively used in price risk management. Case studies will be used to facilitate learning.
Who should attend?
Anyone seeking a better understanding of energy derivatives, market mechanics and risk management applications.
- Futures market professionals and asset managers
- Trading, risk management and financial departments of oil, gas, and electricity companies
- Support staff in FCM operations, IT, sales, marketing, legal and compliance
- Staff from wholesale/marketing companies, supply, and distribution, strategy, research, engineering, trading risk management, purchasing, financial and accounting
- Financial industry service providers (ISVs)
- Employees of government agencies (federal, state, and municipal)
- Major energy consuming businesses
- Staff of exchanges and industry regulators
After the course you will be able to:
- Explain the fundamentals of energy trading
- Identify different energy futures and their mechanics and applications
- Discuss the influential factors in the oil, gas, and electricity markets
- Recognize the roles of hedgers, speculators, and hedge funds
- Understand the risk management process and special characteristics in the oil, gas, and electricity sectors
- Define pricing, basis risk, margin and settlement types
- Understand futures and options nomenclature including premiums, exercise, assignment, and settlement
- Define hedge objectives and appropriate hedging strategies
- Understand the role of exchanges, clearinghouses, and regulators
Course delivery details
IFM's energy bootcamp is delivered in 2-hour sessions per day on five (5) consecutive days.
- Early-bird Discount: $450 (Enroll 30 days prior to start of the course date.)
- Standard Enrollment: $520
Qualify for a Discount?
- FIA Member firms and their employees are eligible for discounts on courses. FIA members include more than 300 financial services firms as well as fund managers, commercial hedgers, global exchanges, technology vendors, and legal and other professional services providers.
- Group Discount: 10% off any registration with 3+ participants from same organization.
Why choose IFM?
Nonprofit educational foundation founded that offers top-quality education at the lowest cost
Qualified instructors who have real world working experience at major films and regulatory agencies
IFM instructors are passionate to share the knowledge gained from real world working experience at major firms and regulatory bodies
Contact this provider
The Institute for Financial Markets (IFM)
The Institute for Financial Markets (IFM), established by in 1989 is a nonprofit educational foundation. The IFM is an affiliate for the FIA, the leading global trade organization for the futures, options and centrally cleared derivatives markets. The IFM works to...