Annual Filing Season Program (AFSP) Exempt Package E-learning Course
Set yourself apart from unqualified competitors and secure your representation rights!
An annual voluntary IRS training program, the IRS Annual Filing Season Program (AFSP) Exempt Package, is geared for return preparers. It is designed for return preparers who are non-credentialed, but who wish to achieve a higher level of professionalism.
The 2017 Annual Filing Season Program (AFSP) Exempt Package is a 15 hour CE bundle that includes the following:
- 2 hours, Ethics
- 3 hours, Federal Tax Law Updates
- 3 hours, Affordable Care Act
- 1 hour, Identity Theft
- You get to choose 2 remaining Federal Tax Law topics.
Prior tax preparation experience / knowledge is required.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
How to qualify for the Annual Filing Season Program (AFSP)
- You need to sign the consent form - IRS Circular 230
- You must have an active PTIN
- Using an IRS Approved Provider, you need to complete 18 hours of continuing education (CE) by 31 December annually
Are you exempt from the Annual Federal Tax Refresher (AFTR) course?
If you are a return preparer and you have completed one of the following state or national tests successfully, then you are exempt from taking the AFTR course with a comprehension test:
- Registered Tax Return Preparers (RTRP)
- Accredited Tax Preparers through Accreditation Council for Accountancy / Taxation
- Successful VITA program instructors and reviewers
- Oregon / California and other state-based return preparer testing programs
- Part 1 of the Special Enrollment Exam during the 2 year eligibility window
Credentialed Tax Professional or individuals in the Exempt group who want to qualify for the Annual Filing Season Program
Individuals who meet the exempt criteria listed above as well as credentialed tax professionals (CPA, Enrolled Agents, Enrolled Actuaries, attorneys and Enrolled Retirement Plan Agents) must have 15 hours of CE from an IRS Approved Provider in order to qualify for the AFSP annually. CE credit will not be issued to Enrolled Agents who complete the AFTR course.
The 15 hours of CE includes:
- 10 hours of Federal tax law topics
- 3 hours of Federal tax updates
- 2 hours of Ethics education
The cost of the Annual Filing Season Program Exempt Package is $69.00.
Certification / Credits
Participants successfully completing this course will:
- Receive a Certificate of Achievement
- Have IRS notified upon their successful completion of the course / test
To qualify for the IRS - Record of Completion, the participant must complete the remaining requirements through the IRS.
Contact this provider
The Income Tax School: Tax Education - Learn to Earn
The Income Tax School (ITS) is a former division of a tax company and has always been focused on offering the best quality tax training to their students. The Income Tax School aims to aid their students with real-life examples...