Focused Attention Training
Attention is a required skill to be effective at work. Unfortunately, modern technology and normal work expectations have trained our brain to be distracted. Learn skills to take back control of our attention. Expect to improve focus on routine tasks, stay in the zone for longer to work through complex ideas, and more fully listen to others.
The goal of this training is to develop skills and change behavior, not deliver content. Therefore, training is best done live, in groups, and over a length of time. It is light on content and heavy on practical exercises and support to help participants create new habits.
Upcoming start dates
- United States of America
Who should attend?
This course is intended for:
- Knowledge workers
- Company leaders
Learn how to cultivate focused attention, the neuroscience behind it, and practical exercises through a number of modules:
- ATTENTION: learn what attention is, and a simple exercise to start strengthening our brain to pay attention
- OUTLOOK: explore how what we pay attention to determines our outlook, and then our ability to pay attention. Learn how start the self reinforcing loop to cultivate happiness and avoid the negativity bias
- EMOTIONS: notice how emotions affect our attention, and learn strategies to manage them
- HABITS: learn how to incorporate exercises into our day at work and home with the power of a habit loop
- INTENTION: learn how to use attention to orient our brain towards achieving our goals
- CONNECTION: understand our attention changes when interacting with others, and learn strategies to better use our attention to interact more effectively
The cost of this course depends on length and number of people. Request information to start a discussion.
Average rating 4.8
I now catch myself more often when I'm not listening or paying attention. I've also been reminded of the importance of mindfulness and meditation in my overall wellbeing and men...
I learned that I am capable of identifying when I'm distracted and pulling my attention back to the task at hand. I already meditated in the mornings, but this course has cause...
Very helpful to be reminded that taking time to be in the present is key to success in all areas.
Contact this provider
The Dynamic Leadership Center delivers mindfulness and emotional intelligence based training to professional services firms, technology companies, and the Fortune 500. They specialize in changing the behaviors of leaders and aspiring leaders so that they are more focused, more effectively...