Thayer Leadership - Learn. Lead. Inspire.
We build leaders of character by offering leadership and ethics education grounded in time-honored military principles and values-based leadership delivered by proven leaders, as well as custom programs for high-potential leaders, women, and those transitioning from the military. Our faculty are proven leaders with private, public, and non-profit experience and our programs have a Net Promoter Score of 86.
We believe leadership starts with a simple premise: character is foundational to your ability to lead. Combined with purpose, a commitment to excellence, and an innovative spirit, you unleash the whole leader every organization seeks to achieve greatness. Our clients come away with an increased desire to become better leaders for themselves and others. We inspire them to ignite action and change.
Thayer is a lifelong learning partner – in person, digital, through assessments and coaching, or globally.
Our Leadership Philosophy
Thayer exclusively builds leaders who transform teams and organizations into agile learning environments by transcending traditional approaches to leader development.
Our holistic leadership philosophy has been proven by over two hundred years of application in the United States Army, the reason we make our home at The Historic Thayer Hotel on the grounds of the United States Military Academy at West Point. It is grounded in time-honored, values-based military leadership principles from the U.S. Army and West Point, translated to the corporate world and customized to each client’s needs.
Leadership starts at the top, and everyone can be a leader. We believe that character, knowledge, and application are foundational to a leader’s ability to lead oneself, others, and an organization. At Thayer, like nowhere else, you’ll experience the legacy of leadership learning from those who have powered and led a nation – and today empower global organizations to adapt and thrive.
What You Can Expect
- Leaders Teaching Leaders: Our faculty, some of the most highly regarded leadership experts in the world, have extensive, field-tested experience leading large organizations in challenging environments; advanced degrees; and experience teaching cadets, military officers, and corporate leaders
- Customized Approach: Experiences are designed to meet your organization’s objectives and challenges by fostering leadership and culture creation within an organization to help master the goals unique to your group
- Cascaded Learning: Customized offerings are available at West Point, online, virtual, and at your location anywhere in the world; we also offer open enrollment and online learning programs for leaders at all levels in all industries
Our Unique Learning Approach
As a leading, global expert in values-based leader development, our proprietary and motivating multi-pronged learning approach delivers a holistic experience for participants. Applied academics, experiential reinforcement, inspiring keynotes and guided coaching sync up to create exemplary leaders who drive change. A proprietary learning approach and engaging technology platforms effectively operate across multiple adult learning styles and industry ecosystems.
- Applied Learning: Experience highly interactive sessions of theory and practice grounded in military principle and academic rigor that have practical application in corporate environments.
- Unparalleled Experiential Sessions: Glean leadership lessons through integrated, customizable experiential and team building exercises that engage and directly reinforce the core principles of strategy, communication, trust, ethics, and more.
- Senior Advisors: Enrich and cascade learnings with tenured faculty who serve as coaches and mentors during a programmatic experience and set the foundation for success by helping develop action plans to implement post-program.
- Inspirational Keynotes: Reinforce key leadership principles through compelling storytelling by exemplary “Leaders of Character” who share unique, proven, battle-tested leadership insights.
- Powerful Assessments & Coaching: Our proprietary and validated assessment tool evaluates leader capabilities to align leadership and management actions to guide an organization towards success and achieve results with integrity. One-on-one access to faculty mentors also help you and your organization with new and proven methods for successfully tackling challenges by identifying current strengths and limitations, offering outside perspective, and working to set objectives with achievable targets.
Open Enrollment Programs
Thayer's Open Enrollment (OE) offers the opportunity for individuals or groups to participate in slated programs that reflect our comprehensive approach to developing “Leaders of Character.” OE delivers an immersive, exclusive, and interactive experience led by retired General Officers and expert faculty who will reveal their leadership lessons learned from West Point and the U.S. Army. Mid-to-senior-level leaders across all industries who want proven, practical tools to be more effective, inspiring leaders, will experience a productive environment for personal and/or individual growth. Available onsite at West Point and digital at various times throughout the year.
Average rating 5
A unique approach to leadership philosophies combining successful military leadership culture and situations to what is relevant to a corporate environment.
This is a great program to get leaders to start thinking like a leader should think. Whether you are a senior leader executive who needs a reminder or a first time leader that c...
It gives you a great set of tools to be an effective leader and build trust within a team or organization. The experience is great and learning from a distinguished group of lea...