Thayer Leadership - Learn. Lead. Inspire.
We build leaders of character by offering leadership and ethics education grounded in time-honored military principles and values-based leadership delivered by proven leaders. We believe leadership starts with a simple premise: character is foundational to your ability to lead. Combined with purpose, a commitment to excellence, and an innovative spirit, you unleash the “whole” leader every organization seeks to achieve greatness. Our clients come away with an increased desire to become better leaders for themselves and others. We inspire them to ignite action and change.
Our holistic leadership philosophy has been proven by over two hundred years of application in the United States Army, the reason we make our home at The Historic Thayer Hotel on the grounds of the United States Military Academy at West Point. We believe that character, knowledge, and application is foundational to a leader’s ability to lead one’s self, others, and an organization. At Thayer, like nowhere else, you’ll experience the legacy of leadership learning from those who have powered and led a nation – and today empower global organizations to adapt and thrive.
What You Can Expect
- Leaders Teaching Leaders: Our faculty, some of the most highly regarded leadership experts in the world, have extensive, field-tested experience leading large organizations in challenging environments; advanced degrees; and experience teaching cadets, military officers, and corporate leaders
- Customized Approach: Experiences are designed to meet your organization’s objectives and challenges by fostering leadership and culture creation within an organization to help master the goals unique to your group
- Cascaded Learning: Customized offerings are available at West Point, online, and at your location anywhere in the world; we also offer open enrollment and online learning programs for leaders at all levels in all industries
Our Unique Learning Approach
As a leading, global expert in values-based leader development, our proprietary and motivating 4-pronged learning approach delivers a holistic experience for participants.
- Applied Learning: Experience highly interactive sessions of theory and practice grounded in military principle and academic rigor that have practical application in corporate environments
- Unparalleled Experiential Sessions: Glean leadership lessons through integrated, customizable experiential and team building exercises that engage and directly reinforce the core principles of strategy, communication, trust, ethics, and more
- Senior Advisors: Enrich and cascade learnings with tenured faculty who serve as coaches and mentors during a programmatic experience and set the foundation for success by helping develop action plans to implement post-program
- Inspirational Keynotes: Reinforce key leadership principles through compelling
storytelling by exemplary “Leaders of Character” who share unique, proven, battle-tested leadership insights
Open Enrollment Programs
Thayer's Open Enrollment (OE) offers the opportunity for individuals or groups to participate in slated programs that reflect our comprehensive approach to developing “Leaders of Character.” OE delivers an immersive, exclusive, and interactive experience led by retired General Officers and expert faculty who will reveal their leadership lessons learned from West Point and the U.S. Army. Mid-to-senior-level leaders across all industries who want proven, practical tools to be more effective, inspiring leaders, will experience a productive environment for personal and/or individual growth.
Average rating 5Based on 21 reviews
To request information from Thayer Leadership, please fill out the following details: