Update from ASME Y14.5-2009 to ASME Y14.5-2018Tec-Ease, Inc.
Update from ASME Y14.5-2009 to ASME Y14.5-2018
All available course dates
ASME Y14.5-2009 Update - On-Line
This course is intended for those who already know GD&T in accordance with the ASME Y14.5M-1994 national standard. This is not for someone who is new to GD&T. This fast paced seminar will present the major revisions to this national standard which is recognized worldwide.
The major revisions of the Standard are driven by the needs of industry. A drawing today is defined in the Y14.100 Standard as "an engineering document or digital data file(s)." Designs and individual parts are more complex today. In addition, the need for higher quality and improved productivity demand that we get it right the first time. The applications of the new concepts will be shown on a variety of parts.
On average this course takes 8 to 10 hours to complete.
Individual Web Access Includes:
1) You take on-line so you can train anywhere
2) 6 Month access
3) You will receive a hard copy of the GD&T Hierarchy Collection
4) Receive access to our Web-based final exam
5) Certificate of Completion, upon receiving a passing score
6) Tracks only one persons' progress
7) No reset
Note: Additional access time is available: 6-Months for $60 or a Yearly subscription for $100.
Who should attend?
All those who use GD&T to design, produce and inspect parts: mechanical engineers, designers, managers, production planners, inspectors, machinists, supplier quality personnel, etc.
Course Outline:Section 1 - Scope, Definitions, and General Dimensioning
- Clarify Boundaries
- The Coordinate System - New Symbol
- Degrees of Freedom
- Datum Feature Simulator Definition
- Actual Envelopes
- Irregular Features of Size - New Concept
- Major Revisions to Fundamental Rules
- Rounded Ends and Slotted Holes
- Spotface - New Symbol
Section 2 - General Tolerancing
- Positional Tolerancing Method
- Basic Dimensions
- Principle of Independency - New Symbol
- Continuous Feature - New Symbol
Section 3 - Symbology
- New Symbology
- Symbol Placement
Section 4 - Datum Reference Frames
- Labeling the Coordinate System - New Symbol
- Degrees of Freedom - New Symbols
- Datum Feature Simulators
- Degrees of Freedom Chart - Expansion of Datum Features
- Virtual Condition - Clarified
- Orienting Datum Planes - Clarified
- Regardless of Material Boundary Application
- Maximum Material Boundary Application
- Datum Translation - New Symbol
- Irregular Features of Size as Datum Features
- Datum Feature Selection
- Customized Datum Reference Frame - New Symbol
- Mathematically Defined Surface
- Clarifying Applicable Boundaries
- Movable Datum Targets - New Symbol
- Restraint Clarified
- Multiple Datum Features
- Simultaneous Requirements
Section 5 - Tolerances of Form
- Application of Flatness RFS, MMC or LMC - New Use of Flatness
Section 6 - Tolerances of Orientation
- One Orientation Symbol Instead of Three!
Section 7 - Tolerances of Location
- Position, Concentricity and Symmetry
- Profile of a Surface Control
- LMC and LMB Applications to Position
- Composite Position Tolerancing - Expanded
- Position Tolerance with No Datum Reference
Section 8 - Tolerances of Profile
- Profile Tolerances for Plane Surfaces
- Offset Surfaces
- Combined Controls
- Unilateral and Unequally Disposed Profile - New Symbol
- Profile Tolerances as General Requirements
- All Over Specification/Symbol - New Symbol
- Non-Uniform Zone - New Control
- Non-Uniform Zone to Smooth the Transitions
- Composite Profile Tolerancing - Expanded
Section 9 - Tolerances of Runout
- No changes
$295 - For Corporate Web Access, please call 785-6015 for pricing.
About Tec-Ease, Inc.
As companies consider having employees work from home, Tec-Ease wants to remind you that we offer webinar and online training. In both cases, participants can take our classes from anywhere. Take advantage of this potential 'downtime' to 'sharpen your sword'...
Contact this provider
Have a question about this course? Fill out this form and the provider will get in touch with you shortly
No reviews available
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team