Inspecting Geometric Tolerances
This intensive workshop will provide you with guidelines for selecting the most appropriate inspection methods for inspecting a part feature, low cost functional gage design principles, criteria for selecting company/division gaging policy and an overview of inspection equipment capabilities.
Optional Day: (8 hours)Ask about adding an additional 8 hours of training that includes hands-on inspection of your parts.
Who should attend?
Those who have already taken a fundamentals course in geometric dimensioning and tolerancing in accordance with the ASME Y14.5M-1994 standard. Production and inspection will learn the best ways to inspect geometric tolerances using available resources. Designers and engineers will gain a deeper understanding of GD&T principles and the consequences of their application.
- Understand the guidelines for selecting the most appropriate inspection methods for validating tolerances on engineering drawings
- Determine the theoretical design size of a gage
- Apply gage tolerance and wear allowance
- Discern between measurement and verification
- Replace attribute gaging with variables gaging
- Calculate geometric tolerances and boundaries
- Gaging and Layout Inspection
- Gaging Policy
Factors Affecting Gage Selection
- Measurement Methods (Dedicated vs. Flexible)
- Design's Role in Inspection and Gaging
- Rules Related to Gaging and Inspection
Features of Size
- Finding an Axis or Center Plane
- Maximum Material Condition (MMC)
- Least Material Condition (LMC)
- Regardless of Feature Size (RFS)
- Measuring Size (Rule #1)
- Inspection Machines
- Composite Profile Tolerancing
- Profile Inspection Techniques
- Tangent Plane
- Hard Gages and Layout Inspection
- Projected Tolerance Zone
- CMM Technique
- Layout Inspection
- Graphical Analysis
- Assigning Gage Tolerance and Wear
- Caliper Measurements
- Screw Thread Rule
- Projected Tolerance
- Gears and Splines
Inspecting Coaxial Features
- Profile Runout
- Gage Simulation with an Indicator
- Circularity (Roundness)
Contact For Pricing.
About Tec-Ease, Inc.
Tec-Ease develops, sells and provides GD&T Training and Material. Our training includes Public Seminars, along with On-Site and Online classes. GD&T Materials include; GD&T Pocket Guides, Wall Charts, Textbooks and Workbooks. All training and products are in accordance with the ASME...
Average rating 4.8Based on 4 reviews
Have a question about this course? Fill out this form and the provider will get in touch with you shortly
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team