Inspecting Geometric Tolerances
This intensive workshop will provide you with guidelines for selecting the most appropriate inspection methods for inspecting a part feature, low cost functional gage design principles, criteria for selecting company/division gaging policy and an overview of inspection equipment capabilities.
Optional Day: (8 hours)Ask about adding an additional 8 hours of training that includes hands-on inspection of your parts.
Who should attend?
Those who have already taken a fundamentals course in geometric dimensioning and tolerancing in accordance with the ASME Y14.5M-1994 standard. Production and inspection will learn the best ways to inspect geometric tolerances using available resources. Designers and engineers will gain a deeper understanding of GD&T principles and the consequences of their application.
- Understand the guidelines for selecting the most appropriate inspection methods for validating tolerances on engineering drawings
- Determine the theoretical design size of a gage
- Apply gage tolerance and wear allowance
- Discern between measurement and verification
- Replace attribute gaging with variables gaging
- Calculate geometric tolerances and boundaries
- Gaging and Layout Inspection
- Gaging Policy
Factors Affecting Gage Selection
- Measurement Methods (Dedicated vs. Flexible)
- Design's Role in Inspection and Gaging
- Rules Related to Gaging and Inspection
Features of Size
- Finding an Axis or Center Plane
- Maximum Material Condition (MMC)
- Least Material Condition (LMC)
- Regardless of Feature Size (RFS)
- Measuring Size (Rule #1)
- Inspection Machines
- Composite Profile Tolerancing
- Profile Inspection Techniques
- Tangent Plane
- Hard Gages and Layout Inspection
- Projected Tolerance Zone
- CMM Technique
- Layout Inspection
- Graphical Analysis
- Assigning Gage Tolerance and Wear
- Caliper Measurements
- Screw Thread Rule
- Projected Tolerance
- Gears and Splines
Inspecting Coaxial Features
- Profile Runout
- Gage Simulation with an Indicator
- Circularity (Roundness)
Contact For Pricing.
About Tec-Ease, Inc.
As companies consider having employees work from home, Tec-Ease wants to remind you that we offer webinar and online training. In both cases, participants can take our classes from anywhere. Take advantage of this potential 'downtime' to 'sharpen your sword'...
Average rating 4.8Based on 4 reviews
Have a question about this course? Fill out this form and the provider will get in touch with you shortly
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team
You may also like...
1,050 USD-1,250 USD