Chameleon Leadership teaches current and future leaders how to flexibly adapt to the needs of their direct reports. This one-day session builds upon skills learned in the Taking Flight with DISC session by linking the four personality styles to a range of core leadership skills.
Managers will quickly discover that they have been creating an environment in which they themselves will thrive instead of an environment in which their people do. Without realizing it, leaders impose their personality style on their staff. Traditional leadership training ignores this reality with a one-size-fits-all approach to leading others.
Since the most successful leaders are the most adaptable leaders, Chameleon Leadership teaches managers how to adapt to the people who report to them.
Picture a decisive Eagle manager who assertively drives for bottom-line results. This Eagle communicates candidly and succinctly. There’s no time for small-talk when there’s work to be done! Now imagine a soft-spoken Dove reporting to this Eagle. The Dove may feel like the manager lacks compassion and only cares about the work and not the people. You probably already know that the number one reason people leave their organizations is their manager. By contrast, Chameleon Leaders not only get superior results, they engender loyalty, trust and commitment.
Chameleon Leadership includes:
- Transcending the Classic Manager/Leader Paradigm: They will discover the importance of incorporating style flexibility into their management and leadership skill sets to become The Chameleon Leader.
- Communicating & Listening: Participants will discover how to incorporate the four styles throughout every aspect of communication, including: sharing information, listening to their staff, inspiring a common vision, motivating others and creating an engaging environment.
- Leading Inclusive Meetings: Chameleon Leaders will learn how to engage Eagles, Parrots, Doves and Owls so that meetings are inclusive, synergistic and productive.
- Delegating for Results: By experiencing delegation in action, leaders will discover the importance of flexing to their direct report’s style when assigning work.
- Providing Meaningful Feedback: Participants will engage in a feedback activity that will transform how they grow staff members of every style.
- Engaging the Team: Participants will discover the power and implication of infusing the four styles in their efforts to increase performance and satisfaction.
- Coaching & Questioning: By learning how to ask style-focused questions, Chameleon Leaders can take their direct reports to the next heights.
- The Heroic Leader: By learning how to employ Chameleon Leadership skills, managers will learn how to enable and empower their staff members without having to rescue them during challenging times.
Chameleon Leadership helps current and future leaders apply the four styles in numerous ways such as listening and communicating more effectively, increasing the level of engagement by targeting style-based needs, and by improving many other fundamental management and leadership skills.
Chameleon Leadership is offered as a training program or as classroom certification.
Upcoming start dates
Contact for info
- United States of America
Contact this provider
After leading training programs for thousands of small and mid-sized companies, more than two-thirds of the Fortune 100s, non-profit organizations, and government agencies, Take Flight Learning reinvented how individuals learn about themselves and the people they encounter. Take Flight Learning...