8 Hour Suspended Scaffold User Refresher
As per 3322.214.171.124 of the 2014 NYC Construction Codes, this 8 HR Refresher is required by the New York City Department of Buildings (DOB) to use or work on suspended scaffolds in New York City. Training will include instruction on how to inspect suspended scaffold equipment, identify basic scaffold components, and execute safe assembly and disassembly of the equipment. Students are required to participate in all class activities, which shall include use of various types of suspended scaffolding and rigging operations.
Who should attend?
Students must present a 16 hour user suspended scaffold ID card from an approved training provider. Original scaffold ID card must be renewed within 1 year from its expiration date. If student does not renew their card within 1 year from its expiration date, they will no longer be eligible to attend an 8 hour refresher and must retake the original 16 hour class.
This training course is intended for workers who are renewing an expired or soon to be expired 16 hour user suspended scaffold ID card.
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Identify suspended scaffold systems and their essential components.
- Discuss common suspended scaffold hazards based on statistical and historical data provided.
- Outline differences between OSHA and NYC DOB scaffold regulations and their sources.
- Demonstrate skills that are necessary to assemble Personal Fall Arrest Systems used on suspended scaffolds.
- Apply various applications & connection techniques using ropes, knots & hitches.
- Assemble the block and tackle for a fiber rope light duty scaffold.
- Construct the wire rope termination for hoisting rope on suspended scaffolds.
Course delivery details
Swing Staging Training & Safety, LLC provides certification of specific OSHA and Scaffold operations and use. With presentation, equipment awareness, and physical interaction are widely used as well as new products in a classroom setting and practical operation of heavy equipment widely used throughout the industry in a practical room fitted with state of the art products. Students operate and fully inspect the live equipment they use and/or see on their job sites.
Certification / Credits
Upon successful completion of the course, participants will receive an 8 hour suspended scaffold user course completion picture ID that will be valid for 4 years.
Contact this provider
Swing Staging Training & Safety, LLC
Swing Staging Training & Safety, LLC is the premier Scaffold, OSHA, and General Safety training institute, serving the tristate area as well as various locations throughout the United States and Canada. Accredited by the International Association for Continuing Education and...