8 Hour Special Rigger Renewal
Effective July 1, 2015, the 8-Hour Special Rigger Renewal course allows you to complete the 8 hours of continuing education required every three years when renewing your Special Riggers License with the Department of Buildings. The renewal course includes: inspection, maintenance, repair, use, installation, hazards associated with, and the relevant sections of the building code and industry practice with regards to: rigging methods, hardware, and equipment, hoisting machines with a manufacturer’s rated capacity of one ton or less, suspended scaffolds, fall protection and more. Additionally, students will have a forum to exchange their experiences and discuss the most recent changes in the rigging industry.
Who should attend?
Students attending this course must hold an expired or soon to be expired Special Rigger license.
This course is intended for students to complete their continuing education requirements per the DOB to renew their Special Rigger license
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Identify Special Rigging equipment and its hazards.
- Discuss common causes of rigging accidents based on case studies.
- Outline differences between OSHA and NYC DOB scaffold regulations and their sources.
- Develop skills necessary to understand rigging math and calculations.
- Perform rigging inspections using provided rigging principals.
- Identify critical picks and check rigging paperwork as 1 RCNY 104-20, 1 RCNY 104-21, 1 RCNY 104-22
- Develop emergencies procedures during scaffold incidents.
- Discuss common working platforms and safety protocols for lifting/lowering loads.
Course delivery details
Swing Staging Training & Safety, LLC provides certification of specific OSHA and Scaffold operations and use. With presentation, equipment awareness, and physical interaction or widely used as well as new products in a classroom setting and practical operation of heavy equipment widely used throughout the industry in a practical room fitted with state of the art products. Students operate and fully inspect the live equipment they use and/or see on their job sites.
Certification / Credits
Upon successful completion of the course, participants will receive an 8 hour special rigger renewal course completion certificate that will be valid for 3 years.
Contact this provider
Swing Staging Training & Safety, LLC
Swing Staging Training & Safety, LLC is the premier Scaffold, OSHA, and General Safety training institute, serving the tristate area as well as various locations throughout the United States and Canada. Accredited by the International Association for Continuing Education and...