30 Hour Special Rigger
As per 33184.108.40.206 of the 2014 NYC Construction Codes, this 32-hour suspended scaffold supervisor course is required by the New York City Department of Buildings (DOB) to supervise suspended scaffold projects on construction sites in New York City. Students will develop the essential management skills required to be an effective supervisor of suspended scaffolding operations, which contributes to the professional development of an individual and provides evidence of supervisory qualifications. With the use of New York City Construction Codes and OSHA Regulations, students will learn how to stay in compliance with the most current suspended scaffold standards. Material covered during the course is much more extensive than during the user course, and will include guidance on how to read scaffold design drawings, how to verify the fitness of the rigging crew, properly train workers on related hazards, and also how to identify and respond to emergency situations.
Who should attend?
There are no prerequisites for this training course. However, students must be able to communicate with the instructor in the language that the training is provided in.
This training course is intended for experienced workers interested in suspended scaffold project supervision with at least 1 year of practical experience in hoisting and rigging. This training is also beneficial for as well as safety managers, superintendents, and individuals planning to apply for New York City Master or Special Rigger’s license
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Identify suspended scaffold systems and their essential components.
- Discuss common suspended scaffold hazards based on statistical and historical data provided.
- Outline differences between OSHA and NYC DOB scaffold regulations and their sources.
- Demonstrate practical skills necessary to properly install and maintain fall protection systems used on suspended scaffolds.
- Create a suspended scaffold inspection checklist using provided requirements.
- Apply various applications & connection techniques using ropes, knots & hitches.
- Assemble the block and tackle for a fiber rope light duty scaffold.
- Construct the wire rope termination for hoisting rope on suspended scaffolds
Course delivery details
Swing Staging Training & Safety, LLC provides certification of specific OSHA and Scaffold operations and use. With presentation, equipment awareness, and physical interaction or widely used as well as new products in a classroom setting and practical operation of heavy equipment widely used throughout the industry in a practical room fitted with state of the art products. Students operate and fully inspect the live equipment they use and/or see on their job sites.
Certification / Credits
Upon successful completion of the course, students will receive a 32 hr suspended scaffold supervisor course completion picture ID card valid for 4 years.
Contact this provider
Swing Staging Training & Safety, LLC
Swing Staging Training & Safety, LLC is the premier Scaffold, OSHA, and General Safety training institute, serving the tristate area as well as various locations throughout the United States and Canada. Accredited by the International Association for Continuing Education and...