30 Hour OSHA Construction Safety & Health
The 30HR OSHA Construction Safety and Health Training was developed by the US Department of Labor. It examines OSHA policies, procedures, and standards as well as construction safety and health principles. The training focuses on those areas that are most hazardous, using OSHA standards as a guide.
Who should attend?
There are no prerequisites for this training course. However students must be able to communicate with the instructor in the language that the training is provided in, and have a computer, tablet or phone that we can hear and see you for class participation.
This program is more applicable for the construction supervisor, with a more intensified focus on various occupational safety and health hazards. The 30-HR OSHA Training is also required for individuals applying as a Site Safety Manager, Site Safety Coordinator, and/or Superintendent based on the applicant’s qualifications.
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Explain the importance of OSHA in providing a safe and healthful workplace to workers
- Locate OSHA Standards references applicable to specific hazardous conditions and practices
- Recognize the aspects of 1926 Subpart C (General Safety and Health Provisions)
- Implement preventative measures for accidents in their workplace
- Describe types of personal protective equipment (PPE), and the requirements for use in OSHA standards
- Recognize the requirements for fire protection in the workplace
- Identify types of rigging equipment used to protect employees
- Identify the critical health and safety hazards of welding and cutting in the construction industry
- Implement measures for protecting workers and equipment from dangerous falls
- Recognize the hazards associated with working in or around excavation sites
- Recollect the safety requirements necessary to protect workers around concrete and masonry jobs
- Identify the precautions and hazards to protect workers using explosives or blasting agents
- Protect workers who perform jobs on or around stairways or ladders at worksites
- Describe the hazards and prevalence of confined spaces
- Identify common electrical hazards
- Recognize the importance of scaffolding for workers in elevated workplaces
Course delivery details
Swing Staging Training & Safety, LLC provides certification of specific OSHA and Scaffold operations and use. With presentation, equipment awareness, and physical interaction or widely used as well as new products in a classroom setting and practical operation of heavy equipment widely used throughout the industry in a practical room fitted with state of the art products. Students operate and fully inspect the live equipment they use and/or see on their job sites.
Certification / Credits
All students will receive a certificate of completion and in approximately 4-6 weeks after the training conclusion a laminated 30-HR Construction Safety Outreach course card issued by OSHA.
Swing Staging Training & Safety, LLC
Swing Staging Training & Safety, LLC is the premier Scaffold, OSHA, and General Safety training institute, serving the tristate area as well as various locations throughout the United States and Canada. Accredited by the International Association for Continuing Education and...
Contact this provider
Have a question about this course? Fill out this form and the provider will get in touch with you shortly
No reviews available
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team
You may also like...