16 Hour Suspended Scaffold User
This course is required by the New York City Department of Buildings to use or work on suspended scaffolding in New York City, as per Title 1 Rules of the City of New York – Chapter 9 Rigging Operations. This course training includes but is not limited to instruction on how to inspect and operate all safety features that are built-in or not built-in to suspended scaffold equipment, as well as recognize and identify the proper fall protection equipment and hardware for the use of a suspended scaffold. All students will participate in in-class discussion, lecture, and hands-on suspended scaffolding and rigging operations.
Who should attend?
There are no prerequisites for this training course. However students must be able to communicate with the instructor in the language that the training is provided in.
This training course is intended for experienced workers interested in suspended scaffold project supervision with at least 1 year of practical experience in hoisting and rigging. This training is also beneficial for as well as safety managers, superintendents, and individuals planning to apply for New York City Master or Special Rigger’s license.
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Recognize and predict any unsafe conditions and acts as if it pertains to suspended scaffolding.
- Know when to use the different types of knots, hitches, and connection on wire and fiber ropes.
- Reeve and operate a block and tackle for light duty rope scaffolds.
- Recognize and identify the proper fall protection equipment and hardware for use of a suspended scaffold.
- Identify and relate to the NYC Building Code and OSHA Regulations and how they affect your operations
- Recognize the risks of incident
- React and assist in your own rescue.
- Inspect and operate all safety features built-in or not to suspended scaffold equipment
- Increase production by being knowledgeable of the equipment and how it operates.
Course delivery details
Swing Staging Training & Safety, LLC provides certification of specific OSHA and Scaffold operations and use. With presentation, equipment awareness, and physical interaction or widely used as well as new products in a classroom setting and practical operation of heavy equipment widely used throughout the industry in a practical room fitted with state of the art products. Students operate and fully inspect the live equipment they use and/or see on their job sites.
Certification / Credits
Upon the completion of 16 hours of training, and a physical and written exam, participants will receive a 16 Hour Suspended Scaffold User Photo ID that will be valid for 4 years.
Contact this provider
Swing Staging Training & Safety, LLC
Swing Staging Training & Safety, LLC is the premier Scaffold, OSHA, and General Safety training institute, serving the tristate area as well as various locations throughout the United States and Canada. Accredited by the International Association for Continuing Education and...