SIPTO 1.0 - SIP Trunk Operations (SIPTO)
SIP Trunk Operations (SIPTO) is a 5-day instructor-led course that is intended for Cisco collaboration administrators who need to understand the features and functionality of the SIP protocol, as implemented in Cisco's Collaboration deployments.
In this course, we will spend an extensive amount of time Troubleshooting SIP calls. We will demonstrate many ways to collect SIP Traces and Debugs and show you how to use diagnostic programs that are available to examine and understand the various SIP debug and trace output.
Finally, you will configure a summary lab that will challenge you to use the knowledge and skills you will have learned throughout the course. You will configure an end-to-end SIP solution using multiple CUCM clusters and CUBEs. You will fulfill a list of SIP configuration requirements like what you will encounter in your real-world collaboration deployment.
In light of COVID-19, this provider is now delivering some or all of their courses online. Contact them for more information!
Who should attend?
This course is intended for students who have general knowledge about:
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager
- Professionals with CCNA Voice and/or CCNP Voice Certification
- Customers that need to better understand the SIP protocol
Module 1: Examining What is SIP
- User Agents
- SIP Request and Responses
- Session Description Protocol (SDP)
- Early Offer
- Early Media
- Configuring Media Termination Points and Transcoders
Module 2: Examining How to Read SIP Requests and Responses Headers
- Examining the headers that comprise all SIP requests and responses
- Examining headers in INVITE
- Examining headers in 1xx responses
- Examining headers on 2xx Success response
- Examining headers is SIP error responses
Module 3: Configuring SIP Trunks
- Configuring SIP trunks to provide call routing
- Examining CUCM SIP trunk settings and understanding their purpose
- Examining CUCM SIP Profile settings and understanding their purpose
Module 4: Configuring URI Dialing on CUCM
- Configuring ILS
- Configuring GDPR
- Using SME to aggregate an ILS deployment
- Examining numerical URI call routing vs non numerical URI call routing
- Configuring SIP Route Patterns
- Modifying SIP URI Enterprise Parameters
Module 5: Configuring Cisco SIP Proxy
- Examining SIP Proxy Call Processing
- Configuring SIP Proxy to manage enterprise calls
Module 6: Configuring Session Border Controllers (CUBEs) Call Routing
- Examining PSTN connectivity: past and present
- Understanding inbound and outbound dial peer call logic
- Simplifying CUBE Configuration with E.164 Pattern Maps
- Simplifying CUBE Configuration with Server Groups
- Configuring CUBE Translation Profiles
- Configuring Dial Peer Groups
Module 7: Configuring CUBE based URI Call Routing
- Configuring inbound URL dial peer matching
- Configuring outbound URL dial peer matching
- Configuring SIP Calling and Connected Party Info
- Configuring Provisioning Policies
- Matching inbound dial peers for outbound dial peer selection
Module 8: Troubleshooting SIP using Traces and Debug
- Configuring SIP Traces using RTMT
- Using Wireshark AND Translator to read SIP debugs and traces
- Configuring Traffic Export to capture SIP traffic on any IOS router
- Using Cisco Support Tools like CUBE DNA and Collaboration Analyzer to troubleshoot SIP calls
Module 9: Configuring Additional SIP Settings
- Configuring SIP Early offer on the CUBE
- Configuring MTP on SIP Trunk to support early offer
- Configuring SIP OPTIONS keepalives on CUBE
- Configuring Call Admission Control
- Configuring SIP Error Codes
Module 10: Configuring SIP Normalization
- Configuring SIP Normalization script using LUA on CUCM
- Modifying, Adding, Removing SIP Request and Responses using SIP profiles on CUBE
Module 11: Configuring the Summary Lab
- Configuring SIP trunks, CUBE, dial plan, and a variety of other settings students learned during the class. There is a list of requirements that students will fulfill, and SIP related problems that students will solve. This lab helps students solidify concepts and demonstrates their proficiency with building SIP deployments.
Why choose SLI?
Over 50 training locations across North America
All dates are guaranteed-to-run
Sunset Learning Institute
Sunset Learning Institute is an authorized training center, helping our customers optimize their technology investments by providing convenient, high quality technical training that they can rely on. We empower students to master their desired technologies for their unique environments. What...
Have a question about this course? Fill out this form and the provider will get in touch with you shortly
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team
You may also like...
2,345 USD-2,445 USD