Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Available in either one or two days, this in-house course from SSI will teach your employees everything they need to know about earned value and how it can be successfully applied to a project by project managers.
- Introduction to Earned Value
- Earned Value Basics
- What is an Earned Value Program and System?
- Why do we need an Earned Value Program and System?
- Basic Earned Value Terminology
- Successful Application of Earned Value to a Project
- Forward Pass Planning: developing value in the performance baselines
- Identify Program Constraints: stakeholder requirements and expectations or contract requirements
- Establish Baseline Success Paths: inject a dose of reality (risks, threats and opportunities)
- Develop Effective, High Impact Project Controls
- Establish summary, critical control points
- Assemble effective control account plans (CAPS: defining what’s more important)
- Ensure effective work package to accounting system integration
- Identify Key Performance Milestones (scope, quality, schedule,cost) for appropriate tracking
- Develop Critical Risk Response Plan
- Establish the indicators and thresholds for change and corrective action
- Execute and Control the Baseline
- Implement Risk Management Plan
- Continuous application of subsequent rolling wave plans into the baseline and conduct baseline change process to incorporate “new” or expanded project scope or information
- Review project performance against key baseline indicators
- Use the Earned Value Indicators to accurately “indicate” issues and opportunities against current baselines
- Control the baseline against Key Performance Parameters: maintain success paths
- Configure control: scope, cost and schedule to expanding product requirements
- Application Implementation to Specific Customer
- Applications issues
- Questions and answers
- Path Forward
Request information from SSI for the price of this course
Why Choose Successful Strategies International?
SSI has been delivering high-quality, cost effective training to organizations worldwide for the last ten years. A large part of their philosophy is that all employees require the same type of training. For this reason they believe that generic training...