Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Applications of Microsoft Project Scheduling System
Developing a software product, publishing a newsletter, implementing a training program, starting a new business or even building a new home are some of the projects that millions of people embark upon everyday. However many of us simply do not properly manage these projects, nor do we make the best use of the tools and templates designed to help us along the way. That's where Microsoft Project comes in. Used properly it can help you put together a plan of action and fill in and organize all the details that must be completed in order to achieve your goal. From building a new project, tracking progress, analyzing costs, assessing the quality of your project and even managing multiple projects - Microsoft Project is here to help!
The added benefit of this course is the application to your real world projects. Day 2 of this course is devoted to creating templates and plans in Microsoft Project based on one of the projects you are currently working on in your organization. This way you see first hand how to use the program and its features within your business environment. The instructor will be there to answer questions and show examples as you plan your real world project and is available for post-mentoring sessions upon the course completion.
Who should attend?
This course requires a basic understanding of the Windows operating system.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Develop the project schedule, assign project resources, save the project baseline
- Open a Project file, define project information, enter and edit task information
- Organize a task list into an outline, create detail and summary tasks, format the Gantt chart, schedule the project from the end date, work with constraints
- Create and assign a base calendar, schedule nonworking days and nonworking time, enter and assign resources, work with project costs
- Resolve time restrictions, resolve resource conflicts, using the Leveling Gantt chart
- Use the Network Diagram view, work with tables, generate project reports
- Create and save a baseline plan, and view baseline statistics
- Modify the environment for tracking, track tasks that started and finished on schedule, manually update an unfinished task, split a task, add a progress line to a Gantt chart
- Adjust the schedule of future tasks, use the Detail Gantt chart, set and display an interim plan, customize a chart
- Manage resource-driven scheduling, apply resource contours, manage tasks with fixed duration, assign overtime and record overtime pay, customize resource reports
- Work with views, create macros, work with global settings, set accessibility and user options, compress the overall duration of a project schedule
- Import data, copy Microsoft Project text into another program
Request information from SSI for the price of this course
Why Choose Successful Strategies International?
SSI has been delivering high-quality, cost effective training to organizations worldwide for the last ten years. A large part of their philosophy is that all employees require the same type of training. For this reason they believe that generic training...