Quality Control for Subsurface Maps - A three-day program for geologists and engineers
Drilling success is not a thing of chance, but determined by sound science. This program is designed for he need for a systematic approach for quickly screening interpretations, maps, prospects and potential resources or reserves and identifying fundamental interpretation, mapping and estimating errors. Much of this program is dedicated to highlighting common errors found in subsurface interpretations and maps. Examples of mistakes and pitfalls are presented from all over the world.
QC Techniques are covered for each project
Course material includes an in-depth focus on examples of interpretation and mapping errors that led to poorly located wells that proved to be uneconomic or dry, as well as inaccurate reserves or resources estimates. Participants will cover a number of methods for addressing the risk factors that can cause dry holes. All course projects include an array of examples from subsurface data, 2D seismic and 3D seismic data, as well as both hand contoured and computer contoured maps.
Who should attend?
This course is designed for all professionals involved in the preparation, review or evaluation of subsurface interpretations, prospects, fields and reserves or resources.
Those best suited for this program will likely work as:
- prospect generators
- exploration and development geoscientists
- property and prospect evaluators
- supervisors and managers
- bankers and investors
To learn more about course suitability, please request information here
ThisQuality Control for Subsurface Maps program covers range of different training topics, including:
- Quality Assurance/Quality Control overview with examples
- Philosophical doctrine of subsurface interpretation and mapping
- Dry hole analysis
- Effect of hand and computer contouring methods in generating maps
- Project Challenges – A series of projects are presented for the participants to evaluate the following aspects of geology dealing with interpretations, maps and prospects:
- Fault surface maps
- General structure maps
- Faulted structure maps
- Directional wells
- Isochore maps used for resources or reserves estimates
- An introduction to seismic and structural geology quality control techniques
The cost of this Subsurface Geological Mapping program in Houston is $3,350 USD
This course is run throughout the United States and Canada at $3,575 USD and Internationally at $4,450 USD
Course fees include the Applied Subsurface Geological Mapping with Structural Methods 2nd Edition textbook (2003) and a lab manual with exercises.
All SCA programs and workshops are available to be conducted as company-specific training, customized to fit the needs of your organization. Contact SCA to receive a quote for tailor-made training and discuss options for bringing this program in-house for your company.
Certification / Credits
Upon completion of this 3-day program, participants will be prepared to:
- Develop an understanding of how to evaluate a variety of subsurface maps including fault, structure, and isochore maps.
- Understand the types of questions to ask when reviewing interpretations, maps and prospects.
- Evaluate the 3-D viability of an interpretation, map or prospect.
- Evaluate whether the resources or reserves attributed to a completed interpretation or map are under or over-estimated.
- Determine whether an interpreter has applied sound, industry-accepted geoscience principles and methods to generate an interpretation, map or prospect.
Continuing Education Units
This program is worth 2.4 CEUS
About Subsurface Consultants & Associates, LLC
Subsurface Consultants & Associates LLC - Training and Consultancy for the Oil & Gas Industry
Founded in Houston, TX in 1988, SCA has been providing petroleum sector professionals of all levels of experience with the highest quality continuing education and technical training in the industry. SCA has worked with petroleum companies from all around the...
Contact this provider
Average rating 5Based on 1 reviews.
Have a question about this course? Fill out this form and the provider will get in touch with you shortly
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team