Making Sense of Complexity
Making Sense of Complexity focuses on the very nature of our working contexts today, arguing that the work we do is more complex than ever and that this complexity demands new approaches. Participants will learn how to recognize, diagnose, and respond appropriately to complex environments and situations in a highly interactive course setting. The course serves as an introduction and touch point to the rest of the courses in the program.
Making Sense of Complexity introduces participants to a number of models, all geared towards helping them understand the effects of complexity on our working environments, teams, projects, and how we operate as individuals. It also relies on the PSC (perceiving, sensemaking, choreography) framework to help participants see responses to complexity as a matter of seeing the situation correctly, rewiring how you think, and then reconfiguring what you do in iterative cycles of problem-solving. The course demonstrates how different mindsets, tool sets, and skill sets (some traditional, others not) play a role in navigating complex contexts and begins and end with simulations that help participants apply these mindsets, tool sets, and skill sets in unique and innovative ways.
Upcoming start dates
Inquire to book training
- United States of America
Certification / Credits
- Explain the criteria for recognizing the context in which your project-based work exists
- Utilize lenses and frames to diagnose the context within which our project-based work resides
- Identify opportunities to leverage the context for success
- Select the most successful approach to match your response to the environment
- Utilize mindsets, skill sets and tool sets that will enable success in working in complex environments
- Identify and align the stakeholders necessary for successful execution in complex environments
Contact this provider
Improving Performance Through Sustained Learning and Behavior Change As the global authority in project leadership training, we help you, your team, and your business with flexible professional development solutions to bridge the strategy execution gap and get work done —...