Enterprise Business Analysis
Enterprise Business Analysis applies an approach to business analysis to deal with complexity and change on an enterprise-wide basis. Enterprise-wide business analysis is a skill set that helps individuals address broad organizational issues which may be encountered when:
- Merging with or acquiring another organizations (or departments/functions),
- Expanding or contracting operations,
- Consolidating the operations of multiple business units,
- Dealing with multiple change initiatives at a time,
- Acquiring or retiring enterprise IT systems, and/or
- Dealing with large business re-engineering initiatives.
Senior business analysts are increasingly involved in pre-project activities to ensure that solutions to business problems reflect the organization’s business strategy. Through Enterprise Business Analysis, the senior business analyst becomes a vital contributor to helping the organization determine sound investments and enhance its project portfolio. These activities ensure the organization can maximize the return on investment, minimize duplication of efforts across the organization, and realign business operations to meet executive management’s strategy.
Enterprise Business Analysis starts with the basics – what is enterprise analysis? After exploring how it helps the strategic alignment of investments and dealing with change, the course focuses on business architecture and how business architecture fits within the enterprise architecture (including discussions around the other “architectures:” information, application, technology, governance) by looking at business architecture blueprints and frameworks, along with the roles and relationships that need to happen to execute on the strategy.
The course then turns its attention to some of the tools used at this more strategic level, including: value mapping, value proposition and customer value analysis, business modeling, business process management, capability and organization mapping to arrive at an enterprise solution. Managers, business subject matter experts and developers might be interested in taking this course for awareness and understanding of the myriad of components of enterprise-wide initiatives. Senior BA’s and project/program managers who are working on (or about to embark on) an enterprise-wide or organizational change initiative would definitely benefit from this course.
Upcoming start dates
Inquire to book training
- United States of America
Certification / Credits
- Know how to apply business analysis at the enterprise level
- Understand how to model the components of the enterprise and how they work together
- Identify what your customers consider to be good value and use it to assist in formulating strategy
- Explain how an organization can enhance the effectiveness of its people and its assets through enterprise analysis
- Apply enterprise analysis to implement improvement initiatives
Contact this provider
Improving Performance Through Sustained Learning and Behavior Change As the global authority in project leadership training, we help you, your team, and your business with flexible professional development solutions to bridge the strategy execution gap and get work done —...