Coaching and Mentoring Skills for Executives - In-house Training
Give your managers and supervisors the coaching skills to develop their people and enlarge engagement. Increasingly, organizations expect managers to be coaches and mentors to their people. Coaching and Mentoring Skills for Executives shows them how to meet this expectation.
Even great leaders may not be naturally gifted at coaching and mentoring. These skills are not innate for everyone. But the skills can be mastered through training and practice. Coaching and Mentoring Skills for Executives provides the baseline knowledge and know-how for such mastery. The course is also a great way to launch an in-house mentoring program in your organization
This training is condensed from an MBA course on coaching skills for managers which Dr. Mike Armour has taught repeatedly. He approaches this topic with a wealth of practical experience gained from personally coaching nearly 600 executives and entrepreneurs.
Upcoming start dates
Contact provider to schedule
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for executives, managers, and supervisors.
The content of this course can vary greatly based on the length of training required and the needs of the organization, but some topics commonly included are:
- Why is coaching and mentoring leadership so important?
- The three wins that result from coaching and mentoring
- Keys to effective coaching or mentoring relationships
- Common challenges in the shift from a management mindset to a coaching mindset
- Qualities of good coaches or mentors
- Personal challenges of the transition to a coaching or mentoring leadership style
- How coaching conversations differ from mentoring conversations
- The differences between coaching, mentoring, training, advising, and consulting
- The structuring good coaching or mentoring relationships
- A seven-part guide (the SIGCORP model) to design coaching and mentoring sessions
- How to build rapport and trust in a coaching or mentoring relationship
- Important things that should be tracked by a coach or mentor
- Coaching and mentoring within a current-state/desired-state framework
- The eight-level hierarchy of personal and organizational change
- Dialogue patterns in coaching or mentoring conversations
- The Communication Cycle, a model for more effective coaching and mentoring conversations
- Enhanced listening skills
Because of this course's the subject matter, it can be offered in a one-day version or a multi-day version, dependent on the client's needs and interests.
Standard fee in North America:
- $2750 for first day
- $2000 for second day
- $1500 for subsequent days
Outside U.S. there is a $600 per day surcharge on the standard fee.
Contact this provider
Strategic Leadership Development International
SLDI specializes in leadership development programs for executives, top-level and emerging managers, professionals, entrepreneurs, and institutional boards. SLDI's services include: Training and workshops customized for specific leadership, management, and communication skills Executive coaching and mentoring Team-Building and strategy facilitation Consulting...