Practical, Interactive and Fun: In the simulated negotiations, you can experiment and act in ways that you would never consider in the real world. Learn not only from your successes, but also from your failures.
The course is made up of 8 modules, 7 of which are simulated negotiations that you will conduct with interactive computer characters.
The characters make statements, ask questions, use difficult tactics, express strong emotions, and otherwise create difficulties for you.
You will have to react to what the character says, answer questions, ask other questions, and try to negotiate the best deal. If you do not negotiate the best deal, you will be told why and asked to try again. If you get stuck, a “help” feature will point you in the right direction.
In the simulated negotiations, you can experiment and act in ways that you would never consider in the real world. You will learn not only from your successes, but also from your ‘failures’.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
Anyone who negotiates can benefit from this course, – executives, managers, professionals, sales agents, entrepreneurs, customer service representatives, educators, business school students, and administrators will all become more effective in their jobs and will be more persuasive after taking this course.
- Module 1 – The Printshop
- Negotiation with a competitive bargainer.
- Module 2 – The Cold Call
- Negotiation with someone who does not want to talk to you.
- Module 3 – The Mangled Holiday
- Negotiation with a rule-bound bureaucrat
- Module 4 – Approaches to Negotiation Quiz
- A self-assessment tool to determine your negotiation tendencies with tips on how to maximize the advantages and minimize the disadvantages of each tendency.
- Module 5 – Pavlov’s Hotel
- Negotiation with someone who makes strange proposals and tries to use Game Theory to outsmart you.
- Module 6 – The Used Car
- Negotiation with two people simultaneously.
- Module 7 – The Lease
- Negotiation in a team.
- Module 8 – A Difficult Day
- Multiple negotiations with a number of difficult people who use tactics to try to get the better of you.
Certification / Credits
Upon completion of the course, you will be awarded a Certificate from the University of Windsor Law School. Your certificate can easily be printed from your computer.
The course will teach you:
- The difference between positional and interest-based negotiation
- What your negotiation tendencies are
- When to say yes and when to say no
- How to negotiate as part of a team
- How to deal with difficult and deceptive negotiators
- Strategies for making a cold call – initiating a negotiation
- How to negotiate with an inflexible bureaucrat
Why choose SFHGroup?
Over 55,000 people trained
Over 850 customized workshops delivered
University of Windsor Law School Certificate workshops
Average rating 5
The negotiation course was excellent. It opened my eyes to my own shortcomings asa negotiator and provided excellent scenarios for improving my skills. The simulations were real...
Having an aversion to computer-based training, I was initially skeptical. Once into it I found it quite entertaining and could have sat and worked on it all morning. The modules...
Excellent! The course was easy to negotiate and very realistic in the scenarios it offered for negotiation. I also appreciated the touch of humour here and there. I liked its in...
Contact this provider
Stitt Feld Handy Group
Since 1994, more than 55,000 people have attended our public workshops to learn new approaches to resolve conflicts, negotiate better deals, communicate more effectively, improve customer service and build their ability to coach others. We also conduct practical skills-based customized...