Practical, Interactive and Fun: In the simulated conversations, you can experiment and act in ways that you would never consider in the real world. Learn not only from your successes, but also from your failures.
The Stitt Feld Handy Group Online Difficult Conversations Course is designed to help you have the hard but necessary conversations that we all have to face. You take the course over the Internet and can pause at any time, picking it up days later from where you left off.
In each of the 5 course modules, you will take part in a simulated conversation with an interactive computer character. The characters make statements, ask questions, use difficult tactics, express strong emotions, and otherwise create difficulties for you. You will have to react to what the character says, answer questions, ask other questions, and try to achieve your objective.
If the conversation does not go as well as it can, you will be told why and sent back to the spot where you made your wrong turn so you can try again.
At the end of the course, you will find downloadable notes that you can save for future reference.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
Anyone who has difficult conversations in their roles can benefit from this course. This includes executives, managers, professionals, sales agents, entrepreneurs, customer service representatives, educators, university and college students, and administrators. Completing this course will empower each participant to be more confident in their roles and more likely to achieve their objectives in difficult conversations.
- Module 1 – The Presumptuous Customer
- You play the role of a restaurant owner who must confront a public figure who has jumped the queue and seated himself without a reservation on an evening when you are booked solid.
- Module 2 – You’re Fired
- You play the role of a manager who must fire an unproductive employee who has become a friend.
- Module 3 – The Office Dilemma
- You play the role of an employee who has to explain to their boss why their results are not as good as you would like.
- Module 4 – The Contractor
- You play the role of a homeowner who must confront a contractor about a renovation that went wrong.
- Module 5 – The Email
- You play the role of the spouse of either Helen or Yale and you must explain why you have concealed from your spouse an innocent relationship between you and a high-school sweetheart.
Certification / Credits
Upon completion of the course, you will be awarded a Certificate from the University of Windsor Law School. Your certificate can easily be printed from your computer.
You will learn:
- How to deliver difficult messages clearly and powerfully
- How to confront someone without provoking them
- How to persuade difficult people
- How to begin a difficult conversation
- How to discuss issues that take you by surprise
- How to manage strong emotions
Why choose SFHGroup?
Over 55,000 people trained
Over 850 customized workshops delivered
University of Windsor Law School Certificate workshops
Average rating 5
The situations were varied and realistic and the simulations provided real learning opportunities. I liked the way it tied in theory and practical approaches. The notes at the e...
I liked the helpful hints through the conversations. It felt interactive, like the instruction was with you the whole time.
Simple, clear and precise. What I liked most about the course was the variety of subjects treated to reflect normal daily activities or encounters.
Contact this provider
Stitt Feld Handy Group
Since 1994, more than 55,000 people have attended our public workshops to learn new approaches to resolve conflicts, negotiate better deals, communicate more effectively, improve customer service and build their ability to coach others. We also conduct practical skills-based customized...