Holding Courageous Conversations
Leaders need to deliver tough conversations from time to time – conversations that can be uncomfortable and require courage. These conversations are necessary in daily life and part of being an effective communicator and leader.
This course focuses on techniques and tools to confidently and successfully address a wide range of difficult issues. Participants will leave this course with the confidence to have courageous conversations with their team members, peers, customers, and their boss.
Upcoming start dates
Inquire for more information
- United States of America
Inquire for more information
Who should attend?
Entry and mid-level operational, support, and HR leaders who are responsible for developing employees and/or leading teams.
This course will cover these topics in an interactive and highly engaging way. To ensure maximum collaboration, learning, and individualized attention, the class size is kept small and participants make progress on real-world challenges while in class.
- Identify common underlying issues, concerns, and assumptions behind courageous conversations.
- Examine the categories of courageous conversations and learn how to adjust your approach for each situation.
- Identify ways to be authentic and direct in showing respect to the other person to increase understanding and agreement.
- Review and practice a Two-Step Feedback Model to start courageous and establish understanding.
- Discuss ways to effectively respond to questions during tough conversations while managing your own emotional response.
- Create a clear action plan for implementing ways to strengthen your ability to have candid conversations in the future.
Course delivery details
Delivered virtually or on-site
Certification / Credits
4 PDC credits provided to SHRM certified professionals
- In-Depth Knowledge
- Identify how skilled leaders prepare and deliver challenging messages.
- Hands-On Practice
- Practice and hone skills in a safe, supportive environment.
- Peer Learning
- Learn from peers and develop your network.
- Expert Facilitation
- Learn the best approaches to show managerial courage from a skilled facilitator.
- Continuing Support
- 45 minute 1-1 coaching follow up with the course facilitator to support development and application of the material.
- Practical Tools
- Learn our Two-Step Feedback Model and leave with a clear action plan for handling difficult conversations.
Why choose SL?
Global leadership, teaming, change, talent training, consulting, and coaching provider
Developing leaders, building cohesive teams, and aligning organizations for 40+ years
Full-service human capital organization working across diverse industries
Contact this provider
Stewart Leadership is your human capital partner delivering leadership development, team cohesion, organizational alignment, and talent readiness to achieve business and people results. For over 40 years, Stewart Leadership has been enabling organizations to achieve optimal people results with proven...