SharePoint 2016 Power User
This introductory hands-on course thoroughly covers out-of-the-box features of SharePoint and how to customize these features to make the most of your SharePoint environment. The course begins with an overview of SharePoint system architecture, then moves on to creating SharePoint Web sites. From there, students will deploy navigation solutions for users to easily locate data. Students learn how to create new sites from scratch, as well as from built-in templates. Pages and web parts are then added to sites to provide greater flexibility to the way SharePoint is presented to users.
Included are techniques for using lists to promote information sharing, creating surveys, managing tasks and projects, as well as sharing calendars. Document and file management is also covered, including content approval, managing major and minor file versions and document checkout & check-in.
Students will learn how to use built-in workflows, as well as how to display database records on SharePoint sites using Business Connectivity Services (BCS).
Comprehensive hands on exercises illustrate the concepts and techniques presented, and provide practice creating common SharePoint components.
Students who are interested in coverage of Nintex Workflow and Nintex Forms may be interested in the 4-day Sharepoint Power User and Introduction to Nintex Workflow & Forms course.
- Attend face-to-face in the classroom
- Remote-live (live, instructor-led training from the convenience of your home or office)
- On-demand streaming (train on your own time and at your own pace)
Who should attend?
Familiarity with Windows Server 2012 R2 or Windows desktop operating system environment (Windows 8.1 or later). Basic understanding of NTFS file & folder structure and network access.
- Categories of SharePoint Sites
- Creating and Managing New Web Applications
- Creating and Managing Site Collections
- Creating Sites for Meetings
- Creating Sites to Support Teams
- Understanding and Using SharePoint Web Database
- Setting up Site Navigation Systems
Effectively Using Lists
- Using Lists for Information Sharing
- Creating Shared Calendars, Tasks, Announcements and Other Lists
- Creating Custom Lists From Scratch
- Creating New Lists Based on Templates
- Creating and Using Surveys
- Adding Custom Columns to Lists
- Creating Custom Views of Lists
Libraries and Document Management
- Allowing Users to Share Files and Documents with Libraries
- Configuring Content Approval of Library Entries
- Setting up Check-In/Check-Out to Enforce Exclusive Access to Documents
- Managing Major and Minor File Changes
- Saving Past Versions of Files
- Fully Customizing Libraries
- Creating Custom Views of Libraries
- Setting Validation Rules for New Library Entries
Automating Business Rules with Workflows
- Using Built-in Workflows
- Creating Workflows Using Internet Explorer
- Creating Workflows Using SharePoint Designer
- Configuring Workflows to Start Automatically
- Managing, Editing and/or Deleting Existing Workflows
Pages and Web Parts
- Adding Pages to Sites
- Understanding SharePoint's Built-in Web Parts
- Adding Web Parts to Sites
- Customizing Web-Parts and Pages
- Creating Wiki Pages, Publishing Pages and Web-Part Pages
- Creating Site Navigation Systems
Managing Site Appearance
- Adding and Removing SharePoint Site Features
- Using Themes to Customize Page Colors and Fonts
- Using Picture Files to Standardize Corporate Logos
Microsoft Office Integration
- Understanding SharePoint's Integration With MS-Office
- Setting Up Shortcuts to SharePoint Libraries
- Using Document Sets to Manage Groups of Files
SQL Database Integration with Business Connectivity Services
- Understanding Business Connectivity Services (BCS)
- Integrating External Data Content Using SharePoint Designer 2013
- Displaying SQL Records on SharePoint Sites
- Updating SQL Content Using SharePoint Lists in Internet Explorer
- Updating SQL Content Using SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS)
About Software Skills Training, Inc.
Software Skills Training, Inc. (SST) is a leading provider of task-oriented training courses for IT professionals. Whether you attend in person, remotely or via on-demand streaming, our task-based training philosophy is focused on saving you time and assuring that you...
Find out more about this SharePoint 2016 Power User course by simply filling out your details:
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team