Business Systems AnalysisSoftEd
Business Systems Analysis
Want to learn the fundamental skills to be a great BA? Our Business Systems Analysis course will provide you with a structured approach to business analysis and will give you the tools and techniques required to make a real difference to your organization. You will gain an understanding of the integral parts of a business system, how to perform analysis activity and how to engage stakeholders.
This comprehensive course is full of valuable material for a BA including in-depth requirements and business systems concepts, product scoping, requirements elicitation, modelling techniques such as data modelling, process modelling, use cases, business rules modelling, and requirements validation and impact analysis.
Particular emphasis is placed on understanding the problem or opportunity at hand and ensuring that the resulting solution provides benefit to the organization by meeting defined goals and objectives.
Who should attend?
To get the most out of this course you should have some understanding of basic business practice and the capabilities and limitations of computer systems.
- Those new to the business or systems analysis role
- Experienced analysts looking to formalize your training
- Non-information systems person working with systems analysts
- Project Managers looking to improve your analysis skills
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Apply a structured, disciplined approach to understanding business systems and solving business problems
- Understand the importance of your stakeholders and their goals
- Produce effective requirements
- Plan, conduct, and follow up a structured investigative interview
- Understand that there are many analysis techniques and when to apply each of them
- Produce a process model of an end-to-end business process
- Produce a use case diagram and a detailed use case description
- Produce some user stories
- Produce an entity-relationship diagram and a data dictionary
- Build decision trees and decision tables to represent and clarify business rules
- Use critical appraisal techniques to refine and improve a system specification
- List the desirable contents of a business requirements specification
For more information about course cost please fill out the information request form.
Certification / Credits
IIBA accredited: This course is endorsed by the International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA) and is aligned with the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge (BABOK). This course will contribute 35 PDU's (Professional Development Units) towards the IIBA certification requirements for ECBA, CCBA, CBAP and CBATL. Please note the PDU requirements may vary between certifications, please check the IIBA website for full certification requirements. SoftEd's EEP number for this course is E48087-003.
Project Management Institute (PMI) accredited course: This course is accredited with PMI and will contribute 35 Professional Development Units (25 technical hours, 6 leadership hours and 4 strategic hours) towards your chosen certification.
Today’s businesses need to be responsive, adaptive and future-focused. They need to be agile. That’s where SoftEd comes in. As an agile consultancy, and the largest provider of ICAgile training globally, we’ll help you to transform your way of thinking...
Average rating 5Based on 5 reviews
Have a question about this course? Fill out this form and the provider will get in touch with you shortly
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team