Mastering Your HR Generalist RoleSociety for Human Resource Management (SHRM)
Mastering Your HR Generalist Role
Gain the foundational knowledge needed to begin your journey in the field of human resources. Explore each of the five key HR functions by discussing the roles and responsibilities of an HR generalist, the latest trends, useful metrics, and applicable federal laws and legal issues. Engage in dynamic group discussions and hands-on activities facilitated by a leading HR expert. Use this program as a networking opportunity and to propel your HR career in the right direction.
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for mid-career HR professionals (3+ years of experience).
This program includes the following modules:
- Module 1: Introduction
- SHRM's HR Competency Model
- Module 2: Establishing Credibility
- The core functions of an HR Generalist
- The six stages of the employee lifecycle
- Identifying stakeholders
- Alignment with the organization
- Selecting and using metrics
- HR budgets and understanding basic financial terms
- Module 3: Communicating with Stakeholders
- Collaborating with Stakeholders
- Manage communications and training
- Module 4: Key Generalist Challenges
- The importance of documentation
- Handling difficult employee situations
- Employee handbooks
- HR compliance audits
- Module 5: Career Development for the HR Generalist
- The many paths of a generalist
- Developing your unique path
- Module 6: Conclusion
Please request information for details on cost.
Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM)
The Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) is the world’s largest HR professional society, representing 285,000 members in more than 165 countries. For nearly seven decades, the Society has been the leading provider of resources serving the needs of HR...
Find out more about this Mastering Your HR Generalist Role course by simply filling out your details:
No reviews available
Now more than ever, the HR profession is driving healthy change in the workplace, combating harassment and creating opportunities for people from all backgrounds.
As a SHRM Enterprise-Level Member, your team can join forces with smart people who are building better workplaces.
Bring SHRM onsite to address workplace harassment and effect cultural change in your organization.
LOOKING FOR TRAINING?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team