Hiring Foreign Nationals: Nonimmigrant Visas
This course will take a deep dive into twelve most used non-immigrant visas for temporary employment in the U.S. As a talent acquisition specialist, HR generalist, International Student Services professional or paralegal venturing into the world of immigration, this course will help you identify appropriate visas for foreign nationals you support. You will also learn the steps to follow when applying for the preferred visa type.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
After successfully completing this course you'll be able to
- Navigate the nonimmigrant employment visa petition process
- Recognize similarities and differences of employment-based nonimmigrant visas (NIVs), including H-1B, H-1B1, H-2B, O, L, P, E-1/E-2, E-3, TN and F-1 OPT among others
- Select an appropriate nonimmigrant visa based on an applicant's background and the prospective position
- Advise on foreign national eligibility requirements, visa duration, quotas, and extension options for each of the covered visas
- Recall how and when to use Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker
- Identify nonimmigrant visa classifications that would support your organization's hiring strategy and alternative nonimmigrant visa types for various employment scenarios
- Member Price: $129
- Non-Member Price: $179
Contact this provider
Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM)
SHRM, the Society for Human Resource Management, creates better workplaces where employers and employees thrive together. As the voice of all things work, workers and the workplace, SHRM is the foremost expert, convener and thought leader on issues impacting today’s...