Global Hiring: Complying with U.S. Visa Requirements (4 Weeks)
Presented in partnership with Fragomen Worldwide, this engaging program will offer you valuable insights into the best practices employed by expert human resources professionals who recruit and retain highly skilled global talent. You will learn to identify employment-related opportunities and limitations of the U.S. immigration system, and how to maintain compliance with relevant U.S. immigration laws and regulations. Through a final practicum, you will demonstrate the core skills needed to recognize and explain the key considerations for successfully hiring and retaining foreign nationals.
*All Live Online sessions are recorded and available to watch for a full year after the program.
Who should attend?
Individuals requiring guidance on hiring and retaining foreign nationals.
- Describe basic immigration terms and concepts and how they apply to the hiring process for U.S. residents and foreign nationals.
- Identify when to use immigrant and non-immigrant visas to manage the visa process and comply with federal laws and regulations associated with temporary and regular employment of foreign professionals.
- Define the I-9 employment verification process and incorporate best practices.
- Comply with federal auditing guidelines and legal requirements.
- Identify and define key considerations when hiring a foreign national by participating in various scenarios via practical lab.
- Member Price: $1,395
- Non-Member Price: $1,665
Contact this provider
Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM)
SHRM, the Society for Human Resource Management, creates better workplaces where employers and employees thrive together. As the voice of all things work, workers and the workplace, SHRM is the foremost expert, convener and thought leader on issues impacting today’s...